Audeze Announces iSINE VR @ CES 2017
Jan 3, 2017 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AxelCloris

Head-Fi TV Producer and Presenter
Administrator
Chances are by now you've already heard about Audeze's newest line of products, the iSINE in-ear planar magnetic headphone. The iSINE family is one that I've been looking forward to since its announcement at IFA in Berlin this past September. There aren't many in-ears that utilize planar magnetic technology on the market and it's exhilarating to see what Audeze is doing with the technology. I was lucky enough to attend CanJam @ RMAF 2016 where Audeze was demonstrating a prototype version of their iSINE 10 and 20 in-ears, an experience that only served to bolster my excitement. It wasn't just the sound that filled me with anticipation, but something else as well.

We were given our first glimpse of their future plans for the iSINE when Audeze showcased a pair of iSINE 10 in-ears attached to an Oculus Rift headset at IFA. Today, Audeze officially unveiled the iSINE VR In-Ear Headphone and I'm delighted to learn that connectors are available for the HTC Vive, Sony PlaystationVR and the StarVR headsets in addition to Facebook's Oculus Rift CV1. The future of VR audio looks to be off to a great start.

(Photos courtesy of Audeze.com)​

For more details you can view Audeze's official press release here.

Jan 3, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #4 of 12
Hmm... my question is what the difference is between this and the 10 and 20's besides the cable.

Jan 3, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 12
cool, I still think headphones are much better for immersion on vr, and I get fatigued pretty fast with iems. I think these will work well with lenovo's VR headset that will be much cheaper than the oculus 

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #8 of 12
It's an accepted view that Vr headset + Headphone is just too unwieldly.. I imagine more and more are gonna start investing in In Ear for VR, as Immersion is a huge aspect, so Audio, for spatial awareness will have as much significance as the VR gear itself in the future gaming scene. Audeze is the forward thinking in this regard.

Jan 4, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #10 of 12
The iSIne10s are the same. But the headphones come with connectors for Rift and Valve. Audeze was involved in several VR productions last year these came out of the R&D we did. We will be relasing a few more products this year for VR related applications, including head-tracking for headphones for mixing and sound engineering VR audio, Ambisonics Microphones (squid).

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jan 4, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #11 of 12
sounds like a good option for audio with the PS4 VR...   the PS4 VR uses the head trackers in the head set for 3d audio...   audio in VR adds to the experience...

Mar 11, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 12
I spoke to the reps at CanJam NYC recently, the one thing that stood out for me was the fit. It would be beneficial to offer a custom shell option, at least for the portion that goes inside the ears. Having various size and material tips is good, but having a custom option would be even better. Offering a custom option would also satisfy those who seek the perfect fit, especially those who prefer custom because they can't get a proper fit with universal tips. Custom fit also helps keep the units in place better, so they don't fall out during movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back