Auction to support HeadWize
Nov 5, 2002 at 3:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

cmoy

Chief HeadWizer
Hi everyone,

Jan Meier emailed me a few days ago to donate some items for an auction to support HeadWize. As many of you know, HeadWize is non-profit and financed to this point entirely by me - with the help of a donated server for the forums (thanks to Ian Scott et al. for this). This past year has seen a lot of financial ups and downs for me. Consequently, HeadWize has experienced similar ups and downs and was nearly shut down.

Well, the situation has stabilized, but only temporarily. The proceeds from the auction will go to pay web hosting bills (for the HeadWize main server) as well to subsidize a trip to the CES 2003 in Las Vegas (if I go - am still trying to decide this). I missed the CES 2002, but I really enjoyed reporting from the CES 2001. At the CES 2003, I hope to see not only new headphones, but more products with headphone virtualizers like Dolby Headphone.

Anyway, here is a sample list of items that Jan offered to include in the auction:

- Porta Corda I (both assembled and kit versions)
- Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones
- Ultrasone HFI600 headphones
- various DIY parts such as opamps

The auctions will be held on eBay. I'll post notices in the For Sale forum here and at HeadWize.

As to when the auctions will begin, probably a week or so. I have to do some legal research into how the proceeds will affect HeadWize's nonprofit status.

Thanks!!

Nov 5, 2002 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally posted by cmoy
I have to do some legal research into how the proceeds will affect HeadWize's nonprofit status.

Thanks!!

Hiya Chu

Do you have to look into this legally?

If Jan has given you some equipment, to do with as you please, with the only catch being that you have to sell it in whatever way, to support a website that you own, and he uses... Where is the legal catch? Isn't this in effect a donation?

That aside, good luck with the auctions
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Duncan

Nov 5, 2002 at 1:46 PM Post #3 of 4
Do you know yet what the shipping will be? Will he ship the parts to you and then you ship them out? (In other words, will the winners, if in the US, have to wait for overseas shipping?)

Good luck, I hope you make enough money to keep headwize going for a long time.

Nov 5, 2002 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 4
The items are being shipped directly by Jan in Germany. From Jan's email:

"Delivery by regular postal services takes around 2 weeks for the larger items (headphones)

The smaller items (PORTA CORDAs and opamps) will be send by airmail and take around 1 week.

Please note that the headphones and assembled amps come with an official 2 years warranty."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back