ATTN.: Pistachio Nut Lovers
Aug 8, 2002 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

redshifter

High Fidelity Gentility• redrum....I mean redshifter• Pee-pee. Hoo-hoo.• I ♥ Garfield
as a fellow pistachio nut lover, i need to ask: where can a guy get some good pistachio nuts? it seems lately every bag of pistachios i get is either stale, tastes funny (the last batch tasted like pumpernickel
eek.gif
), has 6 good ones out of 500, or god forbid are mushy. for $4+ a pound this is just not acceptable.

years ago my sister sent me a 10 lb bag of pistachios from nyc from a company called baldzinni (sp?). every single pistachio nut was crunchy and fresh, perfectly salted, and had that perfect sweet pistachio taste. every damn one of them. she's moved now so she can't get more, and i can't find them on the net.

does anyone know where to buy perfect pistachio nuts?

Aug 9, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
as a fellow pistachio nut lover, i need to ask: where can a guy get some good pistachio nuts? it seems lately every bag of pistachios i get is either stale, tastes funny (the last batch tasted like pumpernickel
eek.gif
), has 6 good ones out of 500, or god forbid are mushy. for $4+ a pound this is just not acceptable.

years ago my sister sent me a 10 lb bag of pistachios from nyc from a company called baldzinni (sp?). every single pistachio nut was crunchy and fresh, perfectly salted, and had that perfect sweet pistachio taste. every damn one of them. she's moved now so she can't get more, and i can't find them on the net.

does anyone know where to buy perfect pistachio nuts?

Company or store ? Could this be it -> http://www.suttongourmet.com/balducci/balducci.html

edit: my wife says there's a Balzini's or Barizini's as well, but she doesn't know where they are. I can't find anything on them.

Aug 9, 2002 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 12
Ahhh (licks lips)...i could always go for a bag of chick peas...maybe i need to take a trip to bay ridge
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 1:38 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
Ahhh (licks lips)...i could always go for a bag of chick peas...maybe i need to take a trip to bay ridge
biggrin.gif

PM me if you're heading to the ridge... Least I can do is buy a fellow Head-fi'r a cold one. I have it on good authority there are one or two bars in the area...
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 12
highwaystar,
thanks for the link. it sounds right, but i'll have to do more research. i found a couple of sites that claim to have gourmet pistachios... does anyone know the difference between middle-eastern pistachios and california pistachios besides the size?

btw, your avatar reminds me of "ash" from evil dead 2. we just need to graft a chainsaw onto your arm and cover your face in gore and we're all set.

Aug 9, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

highwaystar,
thanks for the link. it sounds right, but i'll have to do more research. i found a couple of sites that claim to have gourmet pistachios... does anyone know the difference between middle-eastern pistachios and california pistachios besides the size?

btw, your avatar reminds me of "ash" from evil dead 2. we just need to graft a chainsaw onto your arm and cover your face in gore and we're all set.

There's quite a few NY'ers here, you should get more info as they chime in. I don't know anything about CA pistachios, but my old man used to to up to these middle eastern stores that had tons of dried fruit and nuts and he'd get these great pistachios. He was quite fond of them.

Yes, Ash. Check out ED3 > Army of Darkness. He reprises his role and is hysterical.

Aug 9, 2002 at 2:13 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Yes, Ash. Check out ED3 > Army of Darkness. He reprises his role and is hysterical.

oh yeah, saw that in the theater. "this is my BOOMSTICK!"

Aug 9, 2002 at 2:19 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

oh yeah, saw that in the theater. "this is my BOOMSTICK!"

"Good guy, bad guy, I'm the guy with the GUN !"

Aug 9, 2002 at 2:41 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
The name is A.L. Bazzini's. I used to pick up fresh roasted pistachios there when I owned a natural food store. Best pistachios I ever had. Check out this website if you're interested in purchasing some.
http://www.newyorkfirst.com/gifts/9040.html
Hope this helps satisfy your craving.
biggrin.gif

So much for my wife's memory...
tongue.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
The name is A.L. Bazzini's. I used to pick up fresh roasted pistachios there when I owned a natural food store. Best pistachios I ever had. Check out this website if you're interested in purchasing some.
http://www.newyorkfirst.com/gifts/9040.html
Hope this helps satisfy your craving.
biggrin.gif

joe, i'd kiss you if your teeth weren't covered in bugs!

thank you!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

Aug 9, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

joe, i'd kiss you if your teeth weren't covered in bugs!

thank you!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

ROTFLMAO !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back