Attn: Headroom Blockhead on audiogon
Apr 3, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #3 of 51
What? Head-Fiers miss an opportunity to buy something expensive?
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:09 AM Post #6 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Somebody bought it.

WOW, I wasn't sure anyone would shell out the dough for the amp and cans. Hopefully it was someone who lives in SoCal.
biggrin.gif

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:26 AM Post #7 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
WOW, I wasn't sure anyone would shell out the dough for the amp and cans. Hopefully it was someone who lives in SoCal.
biggrin.gif

Either way, good bet we'll have a Blockhead at the Big Meet.
r10smile.gif

-Ed

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:28 AM Post #8 of 51
We're gonna have quite a bit of the high-end stuff this time what with your R10s added to the mix.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:39 PM Post #10 of 51
Wonder if someone could figure a way to configure a pair of PPAs w/Phil's Diamond buffers as mono-blocks. Maybe even full differential.

JF

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:49 PM Post #11 of 51
Couldn't you take two PPA's and bridge each of them into mono, and then wire each up to an individual input jack. Then have the outputs to two stepped attenuators and outputs Blockhead style, or get a four channel stepped attenuator (or better yet a huge 8 channel laddered)?

-Ed

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by JohnFerrier
Wonder if someone could figure a way to configure a pair of PPAs w/Phil's Diamond buffers as mono-blocks. Maybe even differential inputs.

JF

i read a post by morsel where she was talking about how that could be done. i'm surprised i haven't heard of anyone doing it yet.

Apr 8, 2004 at 5:18 PM Post #13 of 51
Isnt' the PPA sort of a 3 channel amplifier by design (3rd channel being the ground)? This bridging of 2 PPA's into mono would seem sort of against that fundamental design. Maybe separate power supplies per channel within one PPA is what Morsel might have been referring to? Not sure if I'm totally off here, if so please just disregard.

Apr 8, 2004 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by rsaavedr
Isnt' the PPA sort of a 3 channel amplifier by design (3rd channel being the ground)? This bridging of 2 PPA's into mono would seem sort of against that fundamental design. Maybe separate power supplies per channel within one PPA is what Morsel might have been referring to? Not sure if I'm totally off here, if so please just disregard.

Well, the Blockheads pin outs are:

Pin 1 = shield
Pin 2 = +
Pin 3 = -

So shielding is wired separately from Ground (-) ?
confused.gif

-Ed

Apr 8, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 51
Well, it was me who bought it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. I totally redid my setup, going with this package plus a Meridian 588 as a source.

VERY much looking forward to hearing it upon it's arrival tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back