Attn: Headroom Blockhead on audiogon
Apr 8, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #17 of 51
Thanks man.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm test driving the Meridian with my SR325's and RA-1 today.

I don't believe I've ever heard Peter Gabriel be this involving. I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like.

Apr 8, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #18 of 51
Slimm,

You've got the amp I've been drooling after ever since hearing it a year ago, and that's with the HD600. As a matter of fact, that's what made me get a CD player with balanced output. I was really itching to grab that deal on Agon. But unfortunately for me, I just bought new speakers and tube monoblocks just a couple of days before that deal came up.

You're now obligated to tell me all about it so I can live vicariously through you.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:14 PM Post #19 of 51
Congrats on the new cans and amp Slimm. I'll be looking for your report on how it sounds sometime Saturday as I'm sure you'll be so enthralled tomorrow anything short of a trip to the bathroom won't be in the agenda.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #21 of 51
Thanks guys. I really appreciate that.

SE, let's put it this way. I have tickets for the Yanks Friday afternoon that I'm planning on blowing off.
biggrin.gif

I'll have some impressions up either tomorrow or Saturday.

This Meridian ROCKS however. Already I can hear lips smacking before notes are sung, and I think I can actually hear the fingers touching the keys on the piano.

I almost passed on the deal, as I had no source with the balanced outputs, but the seller was kind enough to guide me through what I could do as far as using adapters for my current rig.

But you know how it is....

"Y,know, I'm already spending this much......."
biggrin.gif

The ONLY thing I fear is UPS.

Recently overcoming a loss, I figure this was the best way to rebound.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:41 PM Post #22 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Slimm
Well, it was me who bought it.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
. I totally redid my setup, going with this package plus a Meridian 588 as a source.

VERY much looking forward to hearing it upon it's arrival tomorrow.

That's a NICE combo. I heard it at our last Bay Area meet and it was very impressive. I wound up buying a Meridian 588 also, based on that listening session. I'm sure you're gonna love the combo!

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:47 PM Post #23 of 51
Some stats as I wait patiently.

The seller had it for only three months until he sold (verified with Headroom), so I have four years and nine months of warrenty left. Very comforting.

He's selling because he's going with the Omega II setup.

He's never heard of this site, frequents Audio Asylum a lot.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #24 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by Slimm
He's selling because he's going with the Omega II setup.

Nice choice in new cans. My favorite and preferred over all else so far. We'll see after hearing the R10s again later this year.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #25 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
That's a NICE combo. I heard it at our last Bay Area meet and it was very impressive. I wound up buying a Meridian 588 also, based on that listening session. I'm sure you're gonna love the combo!

Actually, reading your comments on it pushed me over the edge as far as a buying decision. That and even though I bought a Demo, I get the full warrenty from the dealer and Meridian.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #26 of 51
Slimm, by any chance did he mention how he got 25' cables on the RS-1s? HeadRoom told me it wasn't possible when I tried to get with a cable longer than stock. It always struck me as very strange given the one off nature of the headphones that it couldn't be longer. I would have loved a 15 footer.

Apr 8, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #27 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
Slimm, by any chance did he mention how he got 25' cables on the RS-1s? HeadRoom told me it wasn't possible when I tried to get with a cable longer than stock. It always struck me as very strange given the one off nature of the headphones that it couldn't be longer. I would have loved a 15 footer.

I haven't talked too much with him about the RS-1's, but if they actually have 25ft cables I'll give him a call and ask for you.

Definitely 20Ft Carda's cables on the 650's though.

Apr 9, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #29 of 51
Slimm,

Welcome to the Blockhead Owners Association!

Good high quality matched power cords, and an excellent balanced IC are mandatory. They don't necessarily need to be expensive, just high quality. Additionally, let it stay on ALL of the time. Mine never sounds quite right until its been cooking for at least 72 hours. Longer is better. Once it is powered down, and allowed to cool (though it doesn't get hot to the touch) you have to start all over again.

Additionally, I have had bad luck with running it through a Monster 5100 power filter. It seemed to compress the sound. I know this makes no sense from an electrical engineering standpoint, since it draws so little power, but that is what I hear.

Good luck. I'm glad to see one sell on the open market, as it sets a price for those that may eventually sell.

Apr 9, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #30 of 51
Quote:

Originally posted by smokey
I'm glad to see one sell on the open market, as it sets a price for those that may eventually sell.

Is this a hint of what to look for in the for sale section soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back