ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jan 14, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #6,676 of 9,706
Thanks a lot.
Reading some reviews it seem that Eikons are more coherent. Isn't it ?

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #6,678 of 9,706
Take your time Uncle Monty, I can wait, but I'm very interested on your opinion on the differences between XC and Eikon.
Happy listening !

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #6,680 of 9,706
Hi everyone,
I really like the Zmf Atticus and Eikon.
They give the idea of being built really well.
In Italy I can not listen to them.
What do you think and what do you suggest (Atticus or Eikon) for a jazz listener like me?
With my AudioGd system.

Thanks in advance.

Lu

It depends on what kind of Jazz you listen to as well. If its Brubeck, Miles etc, the Eikon is a decent bet. It has better imaging & slam. For European jazz, I would say Atticus. It is just fantastic to listen to Jan Garbarek or Stanko go at it on Atticus, presents a full body with a wonderful rhythm & drive to it. You will be happy with either, I prefer Atticus for its Analog sound(to my ears)

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #6,681 of 9,706
Stanko is one of my preferred trumpet player !
Even if the best is/was Lester imho.
AEoC my preferred combo :wink:
Many thanks !

Jan 14, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #6,682 of 9,706
Could someone please make a comparison between ZMF Atticus and Audeze LCD-3?
In particular, which is the best for Metal/Rock?

Thanks!

IMO the Atticus,by a wide margin. I have not heard the LCD4,but the Atticus has better mids(guitars/vocals/keyboards) than either the LCD2 or 3.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #6,684 of 9,706
Take your time Uncle Monty, I can wait, but I'm very interested on your opinion on the differences between XC and Eikon.
Happy listening !
Well, I really like my XCs, especially since having the diaphragms upgraded a year or two ago. They're a lot of fun, very colourful with a big soundstage for a closed back - quite the opposite of the analytical Senn820 which was just boring to my ears. The only drawback with them is they can be a bit shouty with some loud music, a bit 'in your face' and slightly harsh in the high frequencies. Now and again a track would come along that was a little hard going on the XCs, but it was never boring or dry. Only had the Eikons a few hours and they're far from broken-in, however it's immediately obvious that they're smoother with a slightly smaller soundstage, easier on the ear, darker.

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #6,685 of 9,706
IMO the Atticus,by a wide margin. I have not heard the LCD4,but the Atticus has better mids(guitars/vocals/keyboards) than either the LCD2 or 3.

Unless you have a pair of pre-fazor Unicorn LCD2/3's... :wink:

Jan 17, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #6,687 of 9,706
Really looking forward to your impressions through the TT2/mscaler! Hope to have that arrangement as chord parts make their way across the Atlantic.
What can I say? Headphone heaven.

Jan 20, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #6,688 of 9,706
Feb 2, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #6,689 of 9,706
Looking forward to Uncle Monty's comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back