ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 31, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #391 of 9,707
I will be happy to order the Eikon in either wood if the sound is what a few people have described.
FYI, as someone who spent several years in the Chicago area, never had a deep dish, always thin. I think the media has overblown the deep dish/Chicago thing. Would love to go to NYC for pizza ?

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:44 PM Post #393 of 9,707
I will be happy to order the Eikon in either wood if the sound is what a few people have described.
FYI, as someone who spent several years in the Chicago area, never had a deep dish, always thin. I think the media has overblown the deep dish/Chicago thing. Would love to go to NYC for pizza ?

That sort of pizza talk is blasphemy! :grinning:

Oct 31, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #395 of 9,707

Here's your excuse.

Your welcome.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820039/canjam-nyc-2017-february-4-5-2017#post_12858781

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #396 of 9,707

Well, "Chicago-style" is technically a thin, high sodium, cracker-like crust. It was originally offered for free as a bar snack because the sodium would dry people out and make them buy more booze. Sort of a fun, little-known fact.

Deep-dish is by far the more famous brand of Chicago pizza. Obviously, Uno, Lou Malnatti's and Geno's are the most well-known. However, I would argue Giordano's and (especially) Pequod's represent the best of what Chi-town pizza has to offer.

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #397 of 9,707
Well, "Chicago-style" is technically a thin, high sodium, cracker-like crust. It was originally offered for free as a bar snack because the sodium would dry people out and make them buy more booze. Sort of a fun, little-known fact.

Deep-dish is by far the more famous brand of Chicago pizza. Obviously, Uno, Lou Malnatti's and Geno's are the most well-known. However, I would argue Giordano's and (especially) Pequod's represent the best of what Chi-town pizza has to offer.

Giordano's FTW!!!

Oct 31, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #399 of 9,707
Oct 31, 2016 at 11:03 PM Post #401 of 9,707
  last question to those who have heard it, what price category would you guys put these in?

The only one that matters, the must have price category. 
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #402 of 9,707
last question to those who have heard it, what price category would you guys put these in value wise?

IMO, a lot of manufacturers would have both headphones priced about $500 higher.

Nov 1, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #403 of 9,707
  last question to those who have heard it, what price category would you guys put these in value wise?

I am a big fan of budget audio, so I like to thing in favor of the consumer, not the profit factor for manufacturers. 

The build quality of these headphones is elite. It looks like a Sony R10 and is built like a tank. Nothing is going to break on these headphones any time soon if handled correctly. 

You hold them in your hands and get the smell of the finished woods and leather. It's a luxurious experience.

The sound quality matches anything in its price range.

You could buy a sony R10 for three to five thousand dollars and have the headband snap, or the drivers take a dump and you will be out your money. Buy a pair of these and you will have a original owner's warranty on your biocellulose (or TPE) drivers for the life of the product.

Factor all of this in and we have a unique product that is very worthy of its asking price. Go to a show and listen to the two of them and decide for yourself if one of them are for you. I'm just warning you now, you might like both. The signatures of the two are tayloered to match two distinct listening preferences. 

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #405 of 9,707
Other than grizz saying he's never heard a headphone more capable of being so good at so many genres. Maybe that's all I needed to hear come to think of it lol. Sometimes when you're antsy your cravings are insatiable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back