ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 13, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #8,611 of 9,701
Funny you should mention the noise floor, as I was just about to comment on that as well. With this tube combo, I have zero and I mean zero noise. I have had a slight hum on high Z from the start, until I landed on this current tube roll. I am not exaggerating either (I have extremely good hearing and always listen for the noise), and this amp is dead silent on high z, even with my VC. :smile: Once, I finally got rid of all and again I mean all the noise on the Pendant, it really took the transparency and realism to another level. I did not know what I was missing, but I sure do now.

As far as the Feliks Echo, I have not heard that amp or any of the Feliks amps for that matter. I was looking hard at the Elise and Euphoria for a while before I went with the Pendant, and I have heard nothing but great things about that brand. If I were you, I would find out if the Echo can take 12AU7 or 12AT7 tubes with an adapter, and move away from the 6N1P/6922 tube type for the drivers. The 12A_7 family of tubes blows the 6922 family out of the water, and there are way more choices at affordable prices as well.
Sorry to hit you with a classic PITA question--but can you recommend quality adapters that make a 6922 driver tube socket adapt to 12AU7 or 12AT7 tubes? I have a Woo WA3 and haven't had noteworthy results rolling 6922 driver tubes in it.

I know the answer is somewhere on Head-Fi...but where?

Oct 13, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #8,612 of 9,701
Sorry to hit you with a classic PITA question--but can you recommend quality adapters that make a 6922 driver tube socket adapt to 12AU7 or 12AT7 tubes? I have a Woo WA3 and haven't had noteworthy results rolling 6922 driver tubes in it.

I know the answer is somewhere on Head-Fi...but where?
The best adapter is the 12A**—> ECC88 from Pulse Tube Store (located in India, assembler / maker for Tubemonger). I have ordered adapters and tubes from Sanjiv at PTS many times. First-class merchandise and service, and my longest delivery time (to western PA) is ten days.
7D02138C-9DC8-4B28-BF79-AE6BAAA512F7.png

Oct 14, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #8,613 of 9,701
The best adapter is the 12A**—> ECC88 from Pulse Tube Store (located in India, assembler / maker for Tubemonger). I have ordered adapters and tubes from Sanjiv at PTS many times. First-class merchandise and service, and my longest delivery time (to western PA) is ten days.
I concur about Pulse (I just wish they were a different color, like say black. . .:thinking:), and another top notch custom option (point to point wiring) for adapters is with forum member @Deyan.

Those are the only two I would go with.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #8,614 of 9,701
The best adapter is the 12A**—> ECC88 from Pulse Tube Store (located in India, assembler / maker for Tubemonger). I have ordered adapters and tubes from Sanjiv at PTS many times. First-class merchandise and service, and my longest delivery time (to western PA) is ten days.7D02138C-9DC8-4B28-BF79-AE6BAAA512F7.png

I saw these, but the way I read the description & labeling, they convert a 12A_7 socket to use ECC88/6922 tubes...not the other way around. Would these work for 6922 sockets to use 12A_7 tubes?

Oct 14, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #8,615 of 9,701
I saw these, but the way I read the description & labeling, they convert a 12A_7 socket to use ECC88/6922 tubes...not the other way around. Would these work for 6922 sockets to use 12A_7 tubes?
It is a bit confusing the way it's described, but those are the one's you want for using a 12AU7 in a 6922 socket.

Oct 14, 2021 at 9:41 PM Post #8,616 of 9,701
Look at the arrows on the label.

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #8,617 of 9,701
Hello fellow Atticus owners! It's been said before and I will say it again, the Pendant SE is an incredible pairing with the Atticus. I have recently been doing some tube rolling, and found a dynamite combo that is really making my Atticus sing. I rolled in some Sylvania 6BQ5 Black Plates, and upon first listen it was pure magic. The Pendant SE and Atticus pairing sounds so right, it's as if they were made for each other. . .

That's all I wanted to say, and it's back to musical bliss. :grin:

Oct 28, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #8,618 of 9,701
Speaking of Atticus, I do have a Bocote LTD Atticus for Sale. Only a couple weeks old so they are in mint condition. I wanted to experience them again after writing an Eikon and Atticus review a couple years ago. I love how musical and emotionally engaging they are. I am selling because my world is based on extreme transportability which is why I have a lot of IEMs.

Sorry about the plug but I do not want those that have been looking for an LTD Atticus to miss out.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/zmf-atticus-ltd-bocote.13597/

IMG_9141.jpg

Oct 28, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #8,619 of 9,701
Speaking of Atticus, I do have a Bocote LTD Atticus for Sale. Only a couple weeks old so they are in mint condition. I wanted to experience them again after writing an Eikon and Atticus review a couple years ago. I love how musical and emotionally engaging they are. I am selling because my world is based on extreme transportability which is why I have a lot of IEMs.

Sorry about the plug but I do not want those that have been looking for an LTD Atticus to miss out.

https://www.head-fi.org/classifieds/zmf-atticus-ltd-bocote.13597/

Oh my word! Those are incredible looking, and give my pair of Cocobolo a run for the money. GLWS, but I am sure you don't need it, as I bet those sell within minutes after that post. . .

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #8,621 of 9,701
Oh my word! Those are incredible looking, and give my pair of Cocobolo a run for the money. GLWS, but I am sure you don't need it, as I bet those sell within minutes after that post. . .
Thank you. I did have the Cocobolo Atticus for the Review I wrote. Also lovely. I had LTD Auteur and VC at some point. LTDs are understandably rather addicting. Zach does stunning work with a stunning sound to back it up. I hope to be able to have a desktop or next to couch set up again at some point! With Pendant Amp of course.

Oct 28, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #8,622 of 9,701
My god, I'm so tempted to buy them...
Me too! I was just looking at pictures of my set trying to convince myself to hold off. Honestly, if I did not have my Cocobolo, I would have already bought those.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #8,623 of 9,701
Oct 28, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #8,624 of 9,701
Side note: I have been out of the HP world for a couple years. People in the IEM world are very nice but it can get a little intense. I must say that "HP people" are super nice and chill and extremely helpful in general. It was great to have this short window back into the ZMF HP world. I hope to be back into it at some point.

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #8,625 of 9,701
Side note: I have been out of the HP world for a couple years. People in the IEM world are very nice but it can get a little intense. I must say that "HP people" are super nice and chill and extremely helpful in general. It was great to have this short window back into the ZMF HP world. I hope to be back into it at some point.
I dipped my toes in the iem world last year, and quickly jumped out and got right back into HP and totally agree. I did learn a bunch from you and several other members, but overall it's a much harder to navigate iems. Maybe someday I will get back into them if I start traveling . . . anyways hope to see you back in the HP world in the future, as I always enjoy reading you thoughts and reviews on good gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back