1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496
Next

Last
  1. Wes S
    Nice looking pair! I like the darker looking camphor one's, like that pair.

Scutey likes this.
  2. monkey4054
    Hey guys, are there any solid state amp recommendations for the Atticus? I know tube amps are considered the best fit for ZMFs, but I'm not interested in messing around with tubes just yet.Thanks.

3. lentoviolento
    I am using rme adi dac at the moment and i find it the best solid state solution i had in the last 2 years.
    Consider that the espressivo mk2 i bought months ago was perfect and it is not so expensive..

4. cspersel
    I love the Schiit Jotunheim w/multibit DAC with my Atticus. But ... the Atticus out of the box did not initially sound great with the Jotunheim. It took a few weeks for the Atticus to loosen up, but once it did, the synergy between the two was really great. It's now my desktop system.

Wes S likes this.
  5. lentoviolento
    My echo didn't arrive yet. I would have took less time if i went to poland and build it myself.
    I hope it worths the wait

6. erics75
    My favorite ss amp for the Atticus is the Lake People RS-08 using the balanced out. All the Lake People amps sound great with the Atticus. Others I've heard that sound good as well: Auralic Taurus mk2, Schiit Jotunheim, Gilmore Lite mk2, Arcam Rhead.

Wheel Hoss likes this.
  7. lentoviolento
    I can confirm, i had lake people g100 fe, i regret i sold it. A lot of clean power, good detail, not bright.

8. mwhals
    The Milo is another that sounds good with the Atticus to me.

Wheel Hoss likes this.
  9. someyoungguy
    Any paired the Atticus with the Rupert Neve Designs RNHP, or used it with the Massdrop/Airist R-2R DAC? Currently thinking about both of these options.

10. TjPhysicist
    I fancied it up a bit...was always jelous of those headphones that came in a satin lined box...so I lined the box with satin.

IMG_20190904_170308.jpg
    Questions:
    1. When I close the box i have to smush it a bit..i.e. presumably the pads are getting a bit smushed/pressed down in the closed box, not by much, that should be ok right?
    2. Ok where can i get a box like this? This is SOLID construction amazing wood - I would VERY MUCH like to buy this exact box but an empty one...

gibsonsg87 likes this.
  11. zzzmonster
    Did anyone tried using listening to Atticus on the high impedance output of ZDT Jr and Eikon on the low impedance output of ZDT Jr?
    I find that they both sounded really similar and it was very hard to differentiate

Wheel Hoss likes this.
  12. Andrew Rieger
  13. Preachy1
    Drive-by comment here. I may be very easy to please, but right now I'm listening to my Atticus directly out of a FiiO X1, and although I have to turn the volume up to about 75-80%, the sound is really quite good!!!

And if you're saying to yourself, "self, why would he even do such a thing?". Well, a good question deserves a good answer. My main rig (Feliks Audio Elise + Schiit Loki Jr) has been put on ice for a spell. I'm leaving for a Canada in a few days to follow Steve Hackett around for a week or so, and I don't trust my dear gear around the house sitter. Anyone in Quebec City or the Greater Toronto area going to these shows??

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

jinxy245 likes this.
  14. jinxy245
    Enjoy! I just read he had a lot to do with Alan Parson's new one

15. Preachy1
    Cool, I wasn't aware of that. I'll be seeing him tomorrow evening, so I'll ask him about it then.

jinxy245 likes this.
First

Back
480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489
491 492 493 494 495 496
Next

Last