1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last
  1. DoctaCosmos
    guess you've got it worse

2. YtseJamer

Yes..$1 CAD = $0.74 USD

3. DoctaCosmos
    Meet me at the border lol. I'm an hour and a half away

4. YtseJamer

lol, my company has an office in Chicago so maybe I could arrange something [​IMG]

DoctaCosmos likes this.
  5. DoctaCosmos
    Do it you won't...:wink:

6. YtseJamer

I'm really tempted but I'm still wondering if it's a real upgrade vs my NightHawk.

7. DoctaCosmos
    not to one up you or anything but I sold my LCD-3 prefazor :cry: So I could get these. I love them but not a headphone to move around the house and They were pretty genre specific. The eikon check marked a lot of what I've been looking for and being made by Zach I felt comfortable in my decision. I could have waited and sold them for more but I looked at it this way, I committed to spending $1800 on my perfect headphone. The lcd3 wasn't the perfect headphone but comparitevly it best most of what I could afford and the sound was just soooo good. Even though I sold it for less,in a hunch, I'm trading a great headphone for my forever headphone.

8. Aleatorius

Then there's the fact that you're trading a ticking time bomb versus something with better quality control and a lifetime warranty (although I suppose you could argue that Audeze has a lifetime warranty if you RMA approximately every three years); no offense to Audeze but my paranoia kept telling me something might happen to my LCD-2 so I'm looking forward to ditching these.

9. DWbirdseye
    Good to hear, would you mind sharing what it is about the presentation and sq that makes tin pan alley with the incredible srv sound so good.

10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    To be fair, the new LCD drivers have seemingly significantly cut down the driver failure rate that was so problematic before. I also never picked up an LCD 3 as they did seem to have a very poor failure rate prior to the driver revisions. If you lived in California even sending in for RMA wouldn't be that big a deal, but for somebody like myself, shipping costs are quite high so even one RMA would have cost me at least $100 plus likely getting hit at the border for duties and taxes more than once. Really looking forward to reading more about these new ZMF designs. I did briefly own a Vibro X so my curiosity is always peaked when I hear that Zach is creating new signatures.

11. Aleatorius

Nice relevant username; I agree, especially in the case of the LCD-2 but if you're going to spend the money on the LCD-3 and especially the LCD-4 the higher costs should include a stricter quality control and it seems to be the same as the LCD-2 which doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

I'm going in blind but always wanted to buy the Omni but wouldn't do so due to my bias against mods of the T50 drivers, now I have a chance to buy something that has good support, good aesthetics, good sound and all that's left is whether or not it suits my taste.

12. felix3650

Oh man Hans..I hate you for what you wrote :p Now my Eikon "want meter" is off the roof. I have a LC2 waiting for me back home along with a nice balanced Norne Audio cable..sob

13. DoctaCosmos
    Love me some little wing

14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I have to admit, I was also a little less thrilled to buy modded T50 drivers so like you I am pleased that Zach is also working with new drivers.

15. Aleatorius
    My only issue now is finding a suitable amp for the Eikon that's also suitable for orthodynamics and IEMs in general.

Edited unnecessary fragment.

First

Back
35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44
46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55
Next

Last