1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Hansotek

TPE is thermoplastic elastomer. Why is that exciting? Because it is the same material that is used to make the drivers for the HD800.

I heard the preproduction version out of Zach's DecWare Taboo and I have to say, this headphone is at the top of my wishlist. Can't wait to hear the final!

2. bavinck

Is it hard to drive at all?

3. FastAndClean

thanks

4. Hansotek

Can't answer that very well, I only heard it out of the Liquid Gold and the Taboo. I can tell you that the Atticus loves tubes though. The preproduction version sounded absolutely magnificent out of the Taboo.

5. emptymt
    how heavy is this thing? looks pretty though..

6. ProfFalkin

3.7lbs of pure audio bliss.

(Jk. No one knows yet.)

akg fanboy likes this.
  7. jinxy245
    Zach does fantastic work. I'd REALLY love to hear them . I hope he can make it to CanJam nyc.

8. mysticstryk

300ohm so I'm assuming they will respond well to plenty of current.

9. zzzmonster
    Not sure if it is asked, the headphones are Open, Semi or Closed. Thanks

10. grizzlybeast
    These headphones are semi - open. 

Open backs will have a grill instead of a cover over the driver. These are semi open because they wooden cups with ports. 

jinxy245 likes this.
  11. zzzmonster

Cool, as long as they do not leak too much, can use on public transport.

Wonder what is the driver size? Larger drivers are usually more comfortable.

12. grizzlybeast
    Semi opens are not good for commutes. If you were on a train these would let a horrible amount of noise in as well as let a considerable amount out.

Think of it as better for not disturbing the wife while listening and being able to block out a fan noise

Sitting on train, subway,  or bus with the loud engine going, people talking, and the lady next to you being annoyed that she can hear your music even more than beats is not going to be idea. 

Also at 300ohms these will require an amp (portable amps should work well though). 

13. zzzmonster

Hmm,

I used both Nighthawk and DT-1770 for commute, don't seems to be annoying other passengers and I can't hear most of other people's conversation

14. felix3650
    I'd keep them at home and get something more portable for moving around. The Omni are a bulky pair of headphones and these too by the look of it.
    Plus I'd not want to scratch the wood and keep them pristine[​IMG]

15. ButtUglyJeff

Its only speculation at this point, but both of your mentioned headphones are basically closed headphones (not sure if they have any small ports)  So, I would expect better isolation then these ZMFs.  Plus at 300ohms, I would also expect these need more amplification then the Nighthawks or DT-1770.  One would assume the amping demand would be similar to the HD800 or HD650...

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last