Attention: "Team Beyer"
Apr 2, 2004 at 10:08 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by augustwest
The set I was listening to were being driven by a "Rane" production headphone amp. . .

Be careful with these - the results you'll get from a nice little hifi oriented ss headphone amp with low impedance output might be quite a bit different...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Apr 2, 2004 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
maybe a classic DT150

Often surprised this headphone isnt brought up more. Over at sgheadphones, its regarded by members there to sound superior to the DT770, with still very strong bass, but less colouration and less thick sounding.

BTW, I'd be interested to hear your opinions if you get the chance to hear the CD3K, that is certainly a groovy headphone with the right amp.

Apr 2, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #18 of 28
This is all very interesting. While I agree that the DT-770's produce massive amounts of bass, I don't find them to be overly bright. Might have something to do with my previous headphones, though (SR125)
biggrin.gif

I would be tempted to try the DT-250/250, but I'm too busy listening to these - for now. And the more I listen, the more I love them for the warm sound they produce. Too bad though that the recessed midrange takes the life out of more... touching vocals.

Apr 3, 2004 at 12:51 AM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by pbirkett
Often surprised this headphone isnt brought up more. Over at sgheadphones, its regarded by members there to sound superior to the DT770, with still very strong bass, but less colouration and less thick sounding.

The DT150 is a great sounding headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

Size and looks are what put most people off, but they really do sound great.

Apr 3, 2004 at 1:48 AM Post #20 of 28
LOL, so uhm, why is it that when someone brings up the DT770s (which seems to have been happening lately), there are people who either completely love it, or completely hate it?

I don't think I've seen any other phone with so much criticism about fatigue and sound as any other phone aside from the truly sh1tty phones out there (like the Sony EX71 for ex.).

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #21 of 28
I think it's because the 770pro is suited to some types of music extremely well, and other types rather poorly.

I really don't like vocal oriented music on them (recessed midrange isn't pleasant) but I really like anything where extra impact is welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 2:47 AM Post #22 of 28
I've owned those 770's for over a year and have read the same kind posts like on this thread. Some people think they have too much bass, others think its fine. I personally think its fine depending on what type of amp you are using AND personal tastes. Some people prefer the midrange to stand out and leave everything off to the side, which is fine. Anytime i pair my 770's with my MG head, they are a bit bright and lean in the bass department. Midrange jumps out at you (like guitars for instance), however, vocals are definitely not well represented (in comparison to the HD580's).

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:24 AM Post #23 of 28
I think you guys have described the Beyerdynamic DT-770 pretty well. It doesn't sound all that bad. Overall, it is better than the Sennheiser HD-280. Unfortunately I am one of those that can't stand the bass of the Beyerdynamic DT-770. If I could stand it I would probably use it quite a bit. Since I can't listen to that much bass, I will stick with the Sennheiser HD-280 when I need to use closed headphones.
280smile.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:45 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Tyson
For about the same price I prefer the Dt250-250 by a pretty wide margin - strong but not overblown bass, much better midrange and highs that don't pierce my ears.

Amen to that. What amp do you favor with them? Did you put BlueTak in it (I just clicked the link and read a bit)?

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:58 AM Post #25 of 28
Here's a question for you dt770 and/or dt250 owners:

How well does it seal in the sound? I was thinking of getting one or the other for my husband's gaming needs. If I'm watching tv and he's gaming, the last thing I want to hear is WWII going on behind me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 6:24 PM Post #26 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by plainsong
Here's a question for you dt770 and/or dt250 owners:

How well does it seal in the sound? I was thinking of getting one or the other for my husband's gaming needs. If I'm watching tv and he's gaming, the last thing I want to hear is WWII going on behind me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, it's pretty safe to say that the DT-770 don't leak sound - at all. I tried turning the volume to painful levels and putting the earmuffs together, very much inaudible. I doubt it's a problem on the DT-250 either
basshead.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 7:28 PM Post #27 of 28
Yep, did the blue tak mod and put some acoustic foam in there as well. Funny thing is that it had very little effect on the sound, negligable really. The DT250 is one of the only closed cans I've tried it on that didn't benefit from it. Guess they are pretty well designed as-is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back