ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Jul 26, 2006 at 5:57 AM Post #61 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Paypal can take 30 days to resolve. I used my bank's ATM/Debit Visa card. I wonder what kind of protection I have? It sucks I have to go through all of this because someone has no integrity at all about themselves.

Yeah, this is why I decided to deal directly with AmEx instead of Paypal. In any case, there is zero consumer protection with a debit card so your best bet is with paypal.

In the future, I highly recommend using credit cards when paying through paypal. It's one more layer of protection, and I've read too many complaints about paypal to take its consumer protection offer seriously.

Jul 26, 2006 at 6:19 AM Post #62 of 248
Is it me, or is QUQ taking a disproportionate amount of criticism here? It's hard to ignore the DUI, but a couple of weeks delay walks the fine line of fraud. Has anyone actually had their money stolen? Or is this only a case of some late shipments?

If the buyer simply backed out and ate the loss because of QUQ's negligence would QUQ not shipped at all and pocket the money? If he would willingly take someone's money and never ship the amp, that's one thing. But if his laziness is being compounded by his legal troubles and causing a significant, but eventually resolved delay that seems to be a different thing. People should be warned about doing business with him, but accusing him of fraud seems a little strong.

I'm not defending QUQ at all and to be honest I would never do any business with him, but he hasn't done anything illegal just yet, right? (aside from the DUI). Also, it seems like Gloomfire's paypal claim was a little hasty. If he hadn't filed that claim he'd probably have his money back already.

Perhaps I don't have all the information.

Jul 26, 2006 at 7:26 AM Post #63 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita
Is it me, or is QUQ taking a disproportionate amount of criticism here? It's hard to ignore the DUI, but a couple of weeks delay walks the fine line of fraud. Has anyone actually had their money stolen? Or is this only a case of some late shipments?

If the buyer simply backed out and ate the loss because of QUQ's negligence would QUQ not shipped at all and pocket the money? If he would willingly take someone's money and never ship the amp, that's one thing. But if his laziness is being compounded by his legal troubles and causing a significant, but eventually resolved delay that seems to be a different thing. People should be warned about doing business with him, but accusing him of fraud seems a little strong.

I'm not defending QUQ at all and to be honest I would never do any business with him, but he hasn't done anything illegal just yet, right? (aside from the DUI). Also, it seems like Gloomfire's paypal claim was a little hasty. If he hadn't filed that claim he'd probably have his money back already.

I think the best answer is yes and no. I mean, obviously the only people with a semblence of the whole picture are the OP and QUQ. However I do agree that perhaps, QUQ is taking a bit too much heat, to a certain extent. That being said, from what has been described in a thread, the OP sent a payment on the 13th and presumably the seller agreed to ship it out. Now that hasn't been done. What we also know is that QUQ has had a DUI and certain things have come as a result of that (in the very least some type of suspension of his driver's license, assuming he had one originally).

Now reading this thread, one of the problems that I have (and presumably others) is that he seems to say he has no way to ship it out (can't get to the PO I guess), however UPS, Fed Ex, and USPS all do offer pickup. That is to say, QUQ's reasoning for not shipping is weak at best. What he can do is simply print out a shipping label and arrange a pickup from his place of residence. That to me is a quick easy solution.

However looking at it from a more detaching and less emotional POV, do I think it's a bit early to call the lynch mob? Of course. It has only been 13 days or so since payment was sent. In my mind if it was say 2 months, it would be more a reasonable reaction.

Of course as a buyer, I think one of the expectations is prompt shipping following payment. And if you can't meet that you outline that beforehand or ASAP. Atleast it seems to be the case or custom on this forum and others. In the case of QUQ he obviously has not done that, even though he presumably has the means to do so. And when faced with the request for a refund he has not accomodated that request either. The communication for this transaction also seems fairly subpar.

From my standpoint that's where the problem comes from. The seeming run around that QUQ is putting the OP through. However I do think that some are being a little too trigger happy.

Now I do not know the consquences of a Paypal dispute (like if you have one filed against you, they freeze your account), nor do i know the legal definitions/conditions for fraud, scamming and the like. However I feel that QUQ has acted fairly inappropraitely given the events. Shipping stuff out or refunding paypal payments shouldn't be that difficult.

Jul 26, 2006 at 12:33 PM Post #64 of 248
I agree that it shouldn't take someone as long a QUQ to simply send a parcel containing an item that he put up for sale on here.

However, I find it interesting reading how quickly people jumped in to support QUQ in a past thread where a guy had got angry at him and showed up at his place to demand his equipment, but in this thread are now getting the pitchforks and bats ready to lynch him...

I'm certainly glad to be aware that QUQ can be undesirable to deal with, but the public slogging match involving personal details between the two parties, with egging on by the bystanders who are taking sides is a little bit umm, primal, isn't it?

Ultimately, there are two sides to everything. If you don't know all the facts, taking sides might not help anyone (see how many people supported QUQ in the old thread vs this one - in retrospect, perhaps that guy was just p'ed off that he was getting the runaround).

Jul 26, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #65 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkurita

Well, have you checked his feedback?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=169042

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dachink
I bought an evilfire cmoy for $48.50 on 5/4 which Zach said he would send out on the tuesday after the weekend was over. Waited patiently for weeks but I never recieved it. Sent 3 messages asking about the amp but Zach has not replied.

I am extremely disappointed

and read his thread here
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170680

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:00 PM Post #66 of 248
quote being so lazy on sending crap out that the buyer stalked him to get his gear - bad.

the buyer stalking a kid - bad.

quote not learning his lesson after getting stalked - bad.

the next buyer getting so pissed he starts a thread here instead of just leaving bad feedback in the feedback forum - well that's ok imho, just don't stalk.

all in all, quote generates plenty of victims due to his (in)actions. folks, just DO NOT BUY FROM HIM EVAR and read feedback before you use the sale forums to protect yourselves, and everything will be cool and you won't have to end up staking out his family in your rental car.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #67 of 248
1.As posted above, he has never sent member Dachink their item. This is after completing another transaction on Head Fi.

2.The Paypal claim was suggested very early on. I only escalated to a claim yesterday because he said he was going to ship on Monday and AGAIN was ignoring all communication from me.

3.As of my postings in the threads yesterday, yes, I did think he was a fraud. How would you feel if you sent $175 to someone 13 days ago, and only had 2 communications with them since, which both turned out to be lies. Sure, he showed up in this thread hours later, but at the time things were not looking like they were coming to a resolution. I am a very patient person, but so far all I have gotten are lies and virtually no communication from him.

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #68 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
the next buyer getting so pissed he starts a thread here instead of just leaving bad feedback in the feedback forum - well that's ok imho, just don't stalk.

The only reason I started the thread is because I was not getting any response from him by PM, AIM or e-mail. I figured it would draw him out, and it did.

Look, if he ever comes through with the amp or my money, fine. He will get the bad feedback and we will all move on.

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:07 PM Post #69 of 248
that's because he's lazy and you have to get his momma to hand deliver it to you after flying over there and driving a rental car to his place. not saying it's fun doing, but it's been done.

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #70 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
The only reason I started the thread is because I was not getting any response from him by PM, AIM or e-mail. I figured it would draw him out, and it did.

Look, if he ever comes through with the amp or my money, fine. He will get the bad feedback and we will all move on.

hehe i'm on your side. i was serious about the stalking - he has a history of responding only to physical intimidation. i'm not saying it's right, but his track history otherwise is in the crapper.

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #71 of 248
Yeah, talking about stalking isn't a great idea, because if it happens, and it doesn't go well for either the stalker or the stalkee, and you talked about it in a forum, well, then you're not the brightest candle.
wink.gif
That and it's bad for the forum too.

I like how he said in that thread though that he was going to spring for priority because he felt bad. Wow, way to go all out. I think it's clear from these 3 cases he was going to send squat nothing. I don't even think it's a scam in his mind, to him it's just that he wasn't bothered to send it.

Quo: prove us wrong, print out the shipping label, and call the farking PO to farking pick up the farking package. Your stalker thread seems to infer you have a phone, the fact that you posted infers you have a computer.

It's either that, or one day one of these transactions is going to go badly, and there's going to be enough of your personal information out there, that it's not a stalker at your door, it's the police, who already know you. It's very simple. When someone pays for something, they expect it to be sent. If you won't send it (not can't, since ups picks up), don't sell it, see if you can grasp that concept.

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #72 of 248
indeed, stalking is bad. don't do it folks!

and quote, try UPS. they will pick up your package right at your doorstep - you can print out all the labels and stuff right at your comp!

and give us all the tracking number so we can have fun tracking it along with the buyer.
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:57 PM Post #73 of 248
You should at the buyer's option either…

1) SHIP IT (today); or

2) GIVE A FULL REFUND.

In the future don't make promises to people you can't keep. And probably you shouldn't sell anything else here unless you can ship the item within two to three business days after payment has been received. This is really a ridiculous predicament you’ve created and it isn't the first time so no more excuses. Salvage what you can of your reputation.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #74 of 248
It seems pathetic that QUQ's immature misconduct has led to another multi-page drama thread. Gloomfire hasn't done anything wrong, and all of QUQ's whining is ridiculous. IMO, the simple fact is that nobody should do business with this kid ever again. This thread and his other stupid "stalking" thread should be linked in his feedback and that should be that. And his new title should be "Caveat Emptor," assuming Jude and the mods don't kick him off Head-Fi for the good of us all.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:24 PM Post #75 of 248
It seems like nothing fazes him. You post feedback, create a thread, file with paypal and still...no tracking number, no shipment and no refund. If I were you I would seriously consider taking it to another level and calling the police in his city and/or yours. He can give you all the excuses in the world but lets remember that he is already in some trouble with the law. He's going to court for a DUI (so he says...who knows if that's really the case), and I doubt he'd want another police inquiry coming his way. At this point he has stolen from you and frauded you...that warrants police action...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back