ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Jul 26, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #47 of 248
Looks like someone deserves a custom title... something like "Bad Trader"
wink.gif

Good luck.

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #48 of 248
One day, quoteunquote, you will look back with profound regret on the way you so cavalierly chose to squander your reputation.

Jul 26, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #49 of 248
Quote:

(19:14:34) quoteunkwote: was lazy..and didn't want to get on my bike in 110 degree weather. (bakersfield, CA..check the weather report)

That's a damn weak excuse given the situation. Ever heard of a water bottle?

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:07 AM Post #50 of 248
quoteunquote, you sound like a person with good intentions (at least I hope so). The problem is your attitude towards people is horrible. You have no respect when it comes to other people. You got your money, send out the amp. That's it. Excuses like the ones you give are unexcusable

I can understand holding it out an extra day or two, but when someone has to wait this long it's just not right. I'm sure if someone made you wait this long without and form of communication you would be pissed off too

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #51 of 248
QUQ, you can call the PO or UPS or FedEx and have them pick up the amp and they will gladly provide a tracking number, which you then email to Gloomfire.

Now, if you can't make it happen tomorrow, isn't it possible for the 2 of you to authorize paypal to refund Gloomfire's money (sorry if this is a dumb question, never had a paypal dispute, kinda curious actually)?

QUQ, clearly you are having some personal issues right now, but I bet that you will feel a lot better about yourself if you mail that amp tomorrow. Small esteemable acts, man, will help you get back to where you want to be.

Jul 26, 2006 at 3:17 AM Post #52 of 248
what a pathetic story. quq are you really surprised pissed off buyers are showing up at your house? someday you'll rip off the wrong person.

quit dicking around and send him his amp. now.

and some free advice, stop selling stuff until you get your act together, if ever. your court dates, no car, the heat... nobody cares dude. if you knew you couldn't deliver you should never have tried to sell anything. now you're screwed here.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:26 AM Post #54 of 248
Hate to veer off topic here, but if upstanding member here ever gets ripped off from a seller who is 100 miles or less from my zip feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can to make sure you get your goods or a refund.

I think it would be a good idea to get as many members as we could across the US that wouldn't mind a small road trip to get some of these cases moving in the right direction. I'd love to see a good member here get their $175 ($1500 for one member
eek.gif
) back and I'd expect nothing in return, fuel costs included.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #55 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
Hate to veer off topic here, but if upstanding member here ever gets ripped off from a seller who is 100 miles or less from my zip feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can to make sure you get your goods or a refund.

I think it would be a good idea to get as many members as we could across the US that wouldn't mind a small road trip to get some of these cases moving in the right direction. I'd love to see a good member here get their $175 ($1500 for one member
eek.gif
) back and I'd expect nothing in return, fuel costs included.

hate to say it, but bad idea.

vigilante-type activity might really open head-fi up to some serious legal problems. and jude has his hands full with you all already.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #56 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter

vigilante-type activity might really open head-fi up to some serious legal problems.

Just to add (I argee btw), I was told by a mod violent threats result in an instant permanent ban. In all honesty, low lifes will be low lifes, but going to their house and risking your own legal problems is a bad idea imo. I'de rather have been scammed $200 then be in jail and having to shell out money for a lawyer.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:37 AM Post #57 of 248
Quote:

vigilante-type activity might really open head-fi up to some serious legal problems. and jude has his hands full with you all already.

Haha, I'm not talking about knocking on someone's door with a 12 guage in hand demanding goods or money.
smily_headphones1.gif
Although that probably would get results..

Several of the scammers I've noticed have just been dumb, immature kids and some simple talks with their parents might go a long way.

The actual course of action would differ from case to case because of the circumstances, but I think such a group could cut down on scamming and get close to eliminating it. If would be scammers knew from the get go that people here are willing to go the extra mile to ensure they're safety the scammers might decide it isn't worth the risk or the effort and move on.

In any case my offer still stands.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #58 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
Haha, I'm not talking about knocking on someone's door with a 12 guage in hand demanding goods or money.
smily_headphones1.gif
Although that probably would get results..

Several of the scammers I've noticed have just been dumb, immature kids and some simple talks with their parents might go a long way.

The actual course of action would differ from case to case because of the circumstances, but I think such a group could cut down on scamming and get close to eliminating it. If would be scammers knew from the get go that people here are willing to go the extra mile to ensure they're safety the scammers might decide it isn't worth the risk or the effort and move on.

In any case my offer still stands.
smily_headphones1.gif

ok, but i still think it's a bad idea. getting directly involved with other folks' money problems is best left to the legal system. besides, assuming the parents are any more reasonable is like ignoring the "garbage in, garbage out" axiom.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:53 AM Post #59 of 248
Quote:

ok, but i still think it's a bad idea. getting directly involved with other folks' money problems is best left to the legal system. besides, assuming the parents are any more reasonable is like ignoring the "garbage in, garbage out" axiom.

I understand where your coming from, and totally respect your opinion.

I don't mean to imply to try and force yourself on someone or on their property, but calmly try to talk to them and mediate the situation. More like a middleman so things can be worked out in everyones best interests.

I'm not heavily knowledged when it comes to online scamming but I've seen many cases where the money was never recovered. There are hundreds of threads and claims against Paypal for the poor job they do recovering people's money. And a lot of times these issues are never even brought to the legal system. $200 is a paltry amount when compared to court/legal fees, so why even try to go that route when it would end up costing you more money?

I'm not saying this would be an end all, be all solution to the problem. Just a beginning to try and cut down on this as much as possible. Also, if this were to be employed, it should be the very last step in trying to amend the situation. It should only be used if all other steps have been taken and the problem has come to a stand still.

Note, I'd never ask anyone to do this on my behalf, but only if someone offered and I was sure there were no other outlets I could take.

Jul 26, 2006 at 4:55 AM Post #60 of 248
Quote:

I understand where your coming from, and totally respect your opinion.

now this is why i love head-fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back