ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Jul 23, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #16 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
Yes, I got a DUI and cannot drive. I've had many court dates that take up a lot of my time. Your amp is going the mail on Monday like I tried to tell you over AIM. It's been really tough not being able to drive myself around. I'm not asking for some sort of pity. Just the benefit of the doubt. I have to rely on family and friends for rides. But if there is some problem on Monday, I'll borrow a bike and ride the 2-3 miles to the PO.

So it's been 9 days and you haven't even shipped it out yet? 2-3 miles? Hell, you can walk or run that distance, not having a ride is just a lame excuse. If I were the buyer and somebody jerked me around like this, I would just file a claim and reject the package once it arrives, if it arrives.

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:01 AM Post #17 of 248
Quote:

If I were the buyer and somebody jerked me around like this, I would just file a claim and reject the package once it arrives, if it arrives.

Give him a chance to keep his word and make good. We all screw up now and then.

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:34 AM Post #19 of 248
Quote:

Yes, I got a DUI and cannot drive. I've had many court dates that take up a lot of my time. Your amp is going the mail on Monday like I tried to tell you over AIM. It's been really tough not being able to drive myself around. I'm not asking for some sort of pity. Just the benefit of the doubt. I have to rely on family and friends for rides. But if there is some problem on Monday, I'll borrow a bike and ride the 2-3 miles to the PO.

Don't they have any public transportation where you live?

Jul 23, 2006 at 9:54 AM Post #20 of 248
If you dont own a car and/or have continuous problems with transportation,it might be wise to not sell your gear. Taking 9 days to ship something after receiving the buyers payment is pathetic unless he wrote you a personal check.

Could you not get a family member to drop the package off at UPS/FedEX/Post Office on their way to work ?

I saw your amp and was tempted to buy it for a friend as a gift. Glad I didn't.

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #22 of 248
Quote:

I would have never started this thread if you would have just kept in touch with me. You didn't answer my PM's or e-mails, and you were never on AIM. What am I supposed to think?

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:44 PM Post #24 of 248
Any of the big 3 can do pickups (USPS, UPS or Fed Ex).

Jul 23, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #25 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by PFKMan23
Any of the big 3 can do pickups (USPS, UPS or Fed Ex).

Yup, pay a few bucks more, but I'de rather pay a few bucks more and keep my part of the deal then be 1.) blacklisted and 2.) look like a low life.

Skyline is absolutely right though, even my lazy ass could walk / run / travel the 2-3 miles on foot with a amp (dunno what size it is, if it's small, probably in my hand in a bag or something), I would easily be willing to do that to keep my reputation as a seller on these forums.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #26 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Yup, pay a few bucks more, but I'de rather pay a few bucks more and keep my part of the deal then be 1.) blacklisted and 2.) look like a low life.

Skyline is absolutely right though, even my lazy ass could walk / run / travel the 2-3 miles on foot with a amp (dunno what size it is, if it's small, probably in my hand in a bag or something), I would easily be willing to do that to keep my reputation as a seller on these forums.

I agree with this guy.
It would get pretty ugly if I saw some dude at a meet that did this crap to me.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #27 of 248
Oh and btw, Friday was the absolute latest he said they would go out. Now it's going to be 3-4 days after that.

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:04 PM Post #28 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Oh and btw, Friday was the absolute latest he said they would go out. Now it's going to be 3-4 days after that.

Gloom, all I can say is I don't feel you should have any restraint on quoteunquote, especially after Monday. If he doesn't give you a tracking number say Monday night, I would not resist to take further action against him.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #29 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Gloom, all I can say is I don't feel you should have any restraint on quoteunquote, especially after Monday. If he doesn't give you a tracking number say Monday night, I would not resist to take further action against him.

Yes a valid tracking number is a minimun.

Jul 23, 2006 at 7:59 PM Post #30 of 248
We should call his home phone number and let the parent know what have their son done. Since the first problem he posted previously, I have my suspicion that quoteunquote is a nut case. This thread just confirm it. I hope noone will deal with him again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back