ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Jul 23, 2006 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 248

Quake1028

Previously known as Gloomfire.
I bought an amp from him as seen in this thread. I sent the money Paypal per our discussion on 7/13. Since then, I have only spoken to Zach once. He told me a few days that the amp hadn't shipped yet because he isn't driving right now. This was never mentioned when I paid him. He told me it would ship out sometime last week. A few minutes ago he comes on AIM for the first time in days, and as soon as I message him, he signs off.

Now, 9 days is not an eternity. However, he has 1 previous bad feedback and he is becoming impossible to get ahold of. I'm starting to worry that I got screwed out of $175. Maybe this thread will get his attention. If it hasn't been shipped yet, fine, just tell me. But don't leave me wondering where my amp is when you have had my money for going on a week and a half.

(MODS: If this doesn't belong here, feel free to close/move. I really didn't know what else to do.)

Jul 23, 2006 at 12:49 AM Post #2 of 248
hey QUQ.
send the man his amp and send the other guy his cmoy. dont be a jerk. even if you have a excuse it is an excuse. you got the money so send the goods. have some integrity.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #3 of 248
Perhaps you should show up at his front door. That'll get his attention.
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=170680

Anyway, I would immediately file a claim on paypal. If the money's still in his account, the payment will become frozen until you guys resolve the matter. No matter what he says, do not cancel the claim until the item arrives. Once you cancel a claim, paypal will not allow you to dispute it again.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 248
Lateran7: did the amp ship yet or not?
quoteunkwote signed off at 12:29:07 AM.

Unreal.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon

Anyway, I would immediately file a claim on paypal. If the money's still in his account, the payment will become frozen until you guys resolve the matter. No matter what he says, do not cancel the claim until the item arrives. Once you cancel a claim, paypal will not allow you to dispute it again.

Just opened a dispute.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #6 of 248
Try these. Hope it turns out well.

1.Paypal Scam Complaint
2.http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
3.http://www.usps.com/postalinspectors...dComplaint.htm
4.http://www.fraud.org/
5.Call their/your police department and get them involved.
6.Call your Bank/Credit Card company and let them know.
7.You might even want to try call their parents/grandparents if they are young, if you can find them hopefully they are reasonable and when you tell them about what you did in the top 6 steps, they should cave in and get their spawn to stop being a jerk.
8.Most importantly keep trying to contact them and let him know that you are fighting. The steps do very little good if they don't know you are after them. It mostly about scaring them and breaking their confidentiality that they think they have over the internet.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:48 AM Post #7 of 248
I'm not going to go past the Paypal stage for now. Honestly I think the guy hasn't shipped them yet and is ignoring me so he doesn't have to say so.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #8 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
I'm not going to go past the Paypal stage for now. Honestly I think the guy hasn't shipped them yet and is ignoring me so he doesn't have to say so.

Just don't cancel the paypal complaint untill you have the amp in your hands no matter how much he pleads.

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #9 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire

I don't know... looking through his history I wouldn't be so sure he's gonna ship them at all. He can always just lie about the day he shipped them

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #10 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
Just don't cancel the paypal complaint untill you have the amp in your hands no matter how much he pleads.

Hah! Don't be a nice guy and cancel even if he gives the ill relative emergency spiel. That's how I learned the hard way that you never cancel a claim.
redface.gif

Jul 23, 2006 at 4:59 AM Post #11 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam

I won't, although I'm sure my money is long gone from his account by now.

Jul 23, 2006 at 5:27 AM Post #13 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
This guy really needs to get a car! And he has the audacity to go beg for a ride to the so-cal meet!

Supposedly he cannot drive because of a DUI. At least that's the excuse he gave the other guy he frauded on this forum.

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #14 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by incognitoedleon

quoteunkwote: sorry, sometimes my sister signs on and i get signed on too. it's happened with a lot of people. sorry about that. my mother-in-law is going to take me to send it out on Monday. If i dont get it out then, ill send you a full refund.

Wow, does that sound familiar or what? Blaming the computer for everything, and promising a full refund after not shipping for over 10 days.

Jul 23, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #15 of 248
Yes, I got a DUI and cannot drive. I've had many court dates that take up a lot of my time. Your amp is going the mail on Monday like I tried to tell you over AIM. It's been really tough not being able to drive myself around. I'm not asking for some sort of pity. Just the benefit of the doubt. I have to rely on family and friends for rides. But if there is some problem on Monday, I'll borrow a bike and ride the 2-3 miles to the PO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back