Attention D-EJ1000 Owners
Sep 29, 2002 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

divie23

Head-Fier
OK now this has just completely spooked me out seeing as I've only had my D-EJ1000 a week or so. But today I noticed that if I hook my headphones up through the remote and put the volume to zero WHILE A CD IS PLAYING, I get some weird whirling noise ONLY in the left earphone. But, this sound is VERY FAINT and barely audible, but it seems to be associated with the spining of the CD since when paused the noise stops. This is definitely some **** up and not just vibrational noise creeping through the headphone cable.

Let me say though that the sound is extremely faint and I had to push my left earbud right against my ear to hear it. But it's definitely a constant whirling/thumping sound somehow associated with the moter when spinning.

Could other users tell me if they have the same problem, caus I'm beginning to worry I may have a defective unit.

Sep 30, 2002 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 11
For what it's worth, I noticed exactly the same problem with my D-EJ01, and that was the main reason I got rid of it!
frown.gif

Sep 30, 2002 at 1:32 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by divie23
But, this sound is VERY FAINT and barely audible, but it seems to be associated with the spining of the CD since when paused the noise stops.

Umm, the cd stops when you press pause?? I don't own the d-ej1000, but I have trouble believing that that is true...

Sep 30, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 11
That isn't what bothers me about the j1000. What I mind is that it seems fragile and slender in a self-destructive sort of way. You can't take it places without worrying that it will whine and grind and eventually slash its IC.

Oct 5, 2002 at 2:35 PM Post #6 of 11
I had a 995, which uses the same laser pickup as the 1000 and it couldn't play some CDs without skipping. This happens often with CDRWs and even happend with my original Beethoven CD. Anyone had similar problems with the player unable to get pass a scratched disc?

Oct 10, 2002 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 11
Hi, I had the same exact problem when it comes to that whirring sound in one of the earphones, I have concluded that its not the player at all, but has something to do with the shape of the disk itself, because on some CDs it had that problem while others didnt. I had a CD that made the whirring noise, and as an experiment i made a CD-R of that CD and that CD-R had no whirring in it at all! It could also have something to do with the size of the hole at the center of the CD also, i still am not really sure, but its definately not player problem.

Oct 10, 2002 at 5:44 PM Post #8 of 11
no problems to report with my EJ1000
biggrin.gif

Oooh, roll on next month, hopefully the EJ2000 will be out in the UK
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 6:27 AM Post #10 of 11
OMG THIS IS THE EXACT PROBLEM I HAD WHEN I FIRST GOT MY D-EJ1000!!!
smily_headphones1.gif
(i dont feel as alone anymore!)

The first CD i played in this thing was John Coltrane "a Love Supreme". That whirling noise came through on the left side, no matter what headphone i used.

I concluded that it is due to the CD. I burnt this CD onto a CD-R, and the problem stopped.

My original John Coltrane CD has a bubbling, bumpy surface near the center of the CD, a bout half an inch out of the center hole.

Open up your D-EJ1000. Notice that on the metal lid, there is a small circle (1 to 2 inches in diameter), that hangs down further than the rest of the lid? I believe that this ridge rubbed against the bumpy part of my CD, and i believe that this is the cause towards the sound in the left driver.

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2002 at 9:55 AM Post #11 of 11
CDs must be made to a higher quality in the UK (and Europe)... Thats all I can say
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back