Attack of the Bass TF10 Help!!
Apr 3, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #16 of 24
i read thats a more common problem when remoulding the tf10's into cm's, which is why ppl will at a mid driver to bring them back forwards. I was thinking about remoulding my 10's as well but i figure i'll just save for the JH and leave the tf10 as is.

Apr 3, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #17 of 24
Was it already bassy to you even before you had the remoulds done? Could be a problem with the remould (happened to a friend - seemed that the configuration was screwed up for some reason when they fitted the drivers into his customes). Btw, are you listening to lossy formats?

Asking cos I've only HAD problems with the highs before. Not many BA fones cause problems with the lows to my knowledge...

Apr 3, 2010 at 11:48 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by backtofront001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And I completely understand and I plan to upgrade to a JH Audio or something like that later. If I had an option I would have gone for the Shure SE530's however I picked up my TF10's for $100 bucks, a total steal.

Ah, in that case, if you really want less bass, sell them on ebay for a profit (ie close to full price)! Headfi'ers won't buy them off you since they all know about the $100 deal, but you can do it on ebay. With that extra money, you would just elevate yourself into a pick from any of the top tier IEMs (including the SE530s)!

But that's just a suggestion. If you manage to find some cables that work for you, for not to much money, then great! Unfortunately I can't help you with that, the only thing I know is that some people reccomend the Null Audio Cable...

Check out this thread, one of the guys has it. It also shows people are willing to pay $200 for them:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/u...-200-a-480783/

Apr 3, 2010 at 6:37 PM Post #19 of 24
I would have to say that the Lune cable cleans everything up and as a result you can make a most obvious change for the treble/detailed side of things. Well worth the value though; there are some times when I'm in the middle of upgrading and I wished I had 100 bucks to spare (not buying the cable) but that's just from my need of wanting some cash; also plugging the Triples in reminds me of the amazing sound I'm getting for the price I paid.

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:28 AM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Spade /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to say that the Lune cable cleans everything up and as a result you can make a most obvious change for the treble/detailed side of things. Well worth the value though; there are some times when I'm in the middle of upgrading and I wished I had 100 bucks to spare (not buying the cable) but that's just from my need of wanting some cash; also plugging the Triples in reminds me of the amazing sound I'm getting for the price I paid.

That is exactly what I want not to happen. Think about the $100 bucks that would go into buying the cable. Ahhhh decisions decisions. Cable, HF2's or WAIT FOR a couple of months and buy JH16's or wait a little bit and buy Audio GD C2 and DAC19 combo. I AM GOING CRAZY...HEADFI.org HAS MADE ME MAD

Apr 4, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #21 of 24
Uh huh. I don't think so much of it now because after my Klipsch tips come in I'll be done for a long time.... but I would say that if you're saving up for customs to go ahead and do that so yo'll be "done" with the whole portable audio thing (depending on which custom you get and how much you like it".

Apr 4, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #22 of 24
I also had my TF10's remolded by Fisher. Before the customizing, I thought the bass was a little too thick and sloppy at the upper end. At the same time I had my ipod video diy-modded. I'm not sure if it was the remold or the diy-mod, but the bass has cleaned up really well. Maybe not the most explosive or dynamic iem out there(in the bass dept), but what's there is clean and taught. It's possible that I have a really good match with my amp (Mseed Spirit) that doesn't emphasize the lower registers too much.
Is this showing up no matter what amp or source you use?
Steve

Apr 4, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #23 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by triodesteve /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also had my TF10's remolded by Fisher. Before the customizing, I thought the bass was a little too thick and sloppy at the upper end. At the same time I had my ipod video diy-modded. I'm not sure if it was the remold or the diy-mod, but the bass has cleaned up really well. Maybe not the most explosive or dynamic iem out there(in the bass dept), but what's there is clean and taught. It's possible that I have a really good match with my amp (Mseed Spirit) that doesn't emphasize the lower registers too much.
Is this showing up no matter what amp or source you use?
Steve

Using my D4 cleans it up a little but I like to use my Zune just as is. I think I'll cut my losses on the TF10's and just save up for something better like someone suggested

Apr 5, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #24 of 24
Tip-switching may give you some relief, maybe single-flanges or foams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back