atrio m8 and m9?
Aug 8, 2010 at 9:32 AM Post #2 of 13
M3, M5, M8, and M9 are just the colors. The M9 are version 2 but the M8 could be the old or new version. If the M8 are version 2 then they are the same other than color.

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #4 of 13
They are a solid deal at around $100 or a little less. Especially if you like their sound signature. Check out Joker's review and some others on the forum.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 13
$100 or less? I think I would call Atrio a sold deal even around $150. It would be a great buy for basshead at $100. All the current version should be rev. 2, only black and blue models has rev. 1 but you can easily tell them apart by looking at the memory wire (rev.2 doesn't have it). Last I recall about my impression on DDM, I don't recall it has a better bass than Atrio - which is hard to match by any IEM.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #7 of 13
Not quite as big bass. The other two are just better earphones though. The bass will be quicker in the other two and can be tighter depending on how you're driving the phones. The other two have strong bass but are balanced out since they have high quality treble. The Atrio even with the revision are bass focused.

The Radius may have fit considerations but is worth the extra $$$. So is the Panasonic.

Another interesting choice might be the CKS90. Not sure the price now but you should at least check it out.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #8 of 13

Quote:
$100 or less? I think I would call Atrio a sold deal even around $150. It would be a great buy for basshead at $100. All the current version should be rev. 2, only black and blue models has rev. 1 but you can easily tell them apart by looking at the memory wire (rev.2 doesn't have it). Last I recall about my impression on DDM, I don't recall it has a better bass than Atrio - which is hard to match by any IEM.

so it has the best hitting bass in an iem?

Quote:
Not quite as big bass. The other two are just better earphones though. The bass will be quicker in the other two and can be tighter depending on how you're driving the phones. The other two have strong bass but are balanced out since they have high quality treble. The Atrio even with the revision are bass focused.

The Radius may have fit considerations but is worth the extra $$$. So is the Panasonic.

Another interesting choice might be the CKS90. Not sure the price now but you should at least check it out.

have you compared the bass of cks70 or cks90 to the atrios?

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #9 of 13
I have not heard either of the AT's. One of the interesting reviews(as far as bass goes) is this one... http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/434841/bass-ahoy-a-comparison-of-the-monster-turbines-jvc-victor-fx500-sennheiser-ie8-and-audio-technica-cks70

The CKS70 are a really good price but I would say only the CKS90 is the safe bet to get closer to Atrio quality bass.

I like the bass on the DDM better than the Atrio. Futuresonics are a bit too slow. The DDM is a risk cause the fit and tips can really alter the sound of the bass.

Some say the Atrio has unmatched bass. Some like people like the $79 Hippo VB bass better. Love to tell you exactly what you'll feel. The Atrio is good for $100 and you might say they are a deal at $150. But if you're factoring in getting your money back if you do want to sell them and try another, and if there is no warranty, $100 is a solid deal, not automatically fantastic.

Do your research and factor in your back-up plans in the prices. More of a chance you might move on and try again. So always expect that instead of "these are gonna be the one".  

Aug 8, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #11 of 13
 Futuresonics are listing the Atrio with the MG7 and with the same MSRP, which is good. It's nice when manufacturers make improvements without jacking up the price.

Aug 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
thanks for the replys guys. hmmm maybe ill wait till mg7 comes out. it might double the bass of the previous versions? either way patience is a virtue

Futuresonics told me that it would improve the treble response. I'm sure the bass will remain excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back