Atrio M5 vs Sleek Audio SA6
Jul 10, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #16 of 28
Not in the least. They never seem to deliver a single sibilant note. I use the bass+ treble= settings, and loving them.

Bass drop from the Atrios? Tough one. I haven't had the former for several months. But as I was typing last night, a version of Paul Simon's Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes came on, and the bass line that opens the song (it's a previously unreleased, more acoustic version) blew me away. So that's a tough question to answer, but I say no.

Never tried the victor, but they are apparently comparable to the Atrios, maybe a little more detail, better mid/high. At least that's what I read.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #17 of 28
The Victor FX-500, from what I've heard, has comparable bass to the Atrio's (just a little less), but more detail (probably nowhere as much as the SA6 though). However, the Victor is more of a shallow canalphone, rather than a deep IEM, so it offers less isolation.

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not in the least. They never seem to deliver a single sibilant note. I use the bass+ treble= settings, and loving them.

Bass drop from the Atrios? Tough one. I haven't had the former for several months. But as I was typing last night, a version of Paul Simon's Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes came on, and the bass line that opens the song (it's a previously unreleased, more acoustic version) blew me away. So that's a tough question to answer, but I say no.

Still owning both, and having tried the Atrios again recently, I am of the opinion that SA6 does have less prominent bass than the Atrios, even in standard bass+ mode. That said, with my recent widening of the bass+ hole, the SA6's bass is certainly sufficient (and I like good, present, impactful bass in my music). Everything else that tstarn06 and others have been saying is true, though: the SA6s provide significantly superior details, mids, and highs -- without any sibilance/fatigue. They are unquestionably better IEMs than the Atrios.

I have no personal experience with the FX500. Few around here do (with one notable exception being shigzeo).

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by momentary_lapse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
epithetless,

Thanks a lot. So how did you widen the bass port? Is ti somehting you had to do yourself? Does it invalidate the warranty?

I simply inserted a pin into the pre-existing hole and slid the bass port down it. To make sure I was piercing the right place, I inserted the wire end of the SA6 cleaning tool into the hole first (from the inside of the bass port), which made accessing the hole with the pin a snap. The nice thing about having modular parts is that they're easily user-replaceable (a set of extra bass ports will run you $12.50 on the Sleek Audio website), so the warranty is unaffected should you do any damage to them (though I didn't). If you were inserting a pin into the earpiece itself, that might be a different story...

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #21 of 28
frown.gif
(

This is terrible.. its been so long and I still haven't decided.. I keep oscillating between two
frown.gif

I cna get the atrios for 155 and the sleeks for 214. I dont mind the extra as long as im getting value for money..

Please please help me decide.. i dont think earphones can be returned and so its a BIG problem..

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #22 of 28
from what i've been reading..the Sleek Audio SA6 are recommended MUUCH more. It's also great that you can take the parts apart because then if something breaks u can easly replace the part instead of buying the whole product again. In general...what Ive heard is that the SA6 is better in everything except the Atroios have more bass....which is good if u like that. The SA6 has great bass too..but not as much as the Atrios :p

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #23 of 28
when you say great bass. is it the kind.. that if i was listeinng to a song.. i would actually feel my head moving with the beats..

thats the kind of bass i like..

i had the ultimate ers super fi. 3 and i hated them .. no bass at all..

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

frown.gif
(

This is terrible.. its been so long and I still haven't decided.. I keep oscillating between two
frown.gif

I cna get the atrios for 155 and the sleeks for 214. I dont mind the extra as long as im getting value for money..

Please please help me decide.. i dont think earphones can be returned and so its a BIG problem..

memory_lapse, are you able to buy from SoundEarphones.com? If so, they have a 30-day return policy on all of their earphones...Plus I can't recommend them more highly as a seller.

I gotta say, though -- With all of your concerns here, and the fact that you were utterly happy with your previous Atrios, why don't you just save yourself some agony and stick with what you love?

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #25 of 28
lol.. its momentary_lapse as in floyd..
smily_headphones1.gif

do they give discounts if we call? or is it whatever is on the website?

i dont know why but i generally want to try something new.. something which may be better but also keep the good of the old stuff. maybe its human psychology.. or maybe its just me...

hmmm .. so soundsearphones seems to be selling the sa6 for 249 and its 214 on amazon.. thats why id like to be sure about them before i pull the trigger.. man 200 bucks is what id pay for a aplayer..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #26 of 28
SA6 has very textured, quite punchy/audible/tight bass, but if you cant live without bass boom/bass rumble you should look somewhere else, either m5s or um2s or even triplefis or whatever.

Jul 12, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

lol.. its momentary_lapse as in floyd..
smily_headphones1.gif

Oops! Looks like the memory lapse was mine!
tongue.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 10:44 PM Post #28 of 28
For those who chose the M5, how's the sound isolation compared with SA6, or others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back