Atrio M5/M8 vs other bass IEMs?
Jun 26, 2008 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Joshatdot

Headphoneus Supremus
At the Seattle meet I listened to the whole line of Shure IEMs. They were pretty good, but sounded flat & not fun, very analytical, even.

Someone had these little blue IEMs w/bi-flanges on his table, and I could barely read 'atrio' on them. I found out they were dgbiker1's. Anywho I gave them a listen...WOW!!!

They Atrio M8's and OMG WOW they had BASS, tons of low low end bass. Now this is what I've been looking for in a IEM! Even my favorite metal band had bass I've never really heard before, Dethklok - The Dethalbum (Deluxe Edition).

How would you compare the M5's/M8's to other BASS IEM's in the $150~$200 range?

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannabizzz776n99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There are Head-Direct Re1 too, but they strongly need an amp to sound good.

They don't need an amp to sound good, they need an amp to sound excellent. They're good by themselves already.

The Atrio M5/M8 have pretty much the lowest bass in an in ear I have ever heard. If you're looking for this kind of bass, nothing within that price range can beat it (or even a larger price frame).

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #4 of 34
Yup, the Atrio M5s have unbeatable bass in the IEM catagory. Yet it's bass doesn't intrude into the other frequencies
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #6 of 34
the atrio have the absolute best low-end in both detail and quantity of any in-ear i've ever heard. i don't care for the 5EB sound signature at all.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #8 of 34
looks like i'll be getting the M5/M8's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks everyone

Jul 1, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #10 of 34
I'm new here so point me in the right direction if this question is not
in the correct area....
I'm interested in in-ear headphones and the Atrios appear to be great
sounding, but of all the in-ear phones out there, which are the ones
that keep outside noise away the best and shound great too? Shure promotes this for their line. Are the Altrios good at this too?

Thanks,
Dan

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #11 of 34
Whether it's Shure or FS Atrio, it depends on what tip you use. Silicon tips don't isolate as well, but are more durable. If you use foam tips with either IEM, you'll get fantastic isolation, but they're not quite as durable. Great thing is, you could take Shure tips and use them with the Atrio's.

And yes, they're probably the best bass-IEM out there. I'm addicted to its low-bass tone, so I'm having a hard time finding a a more detailed, yet equally (low) bass capable replacement for it.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:31 AM Post #12 of 34
is their bass even better than shure 530 ?

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #13 of 34
Absolutely. While the SE530 and Triple Fi both have lots of mid-bass, they lack the low-bass punch that the Atrio has. If you skim through the long Futuresonics Atrio M5 thread, you'll find that many people gave up their SE530s, preferring the Atrio's instead. I'm one of them, and I don't regret it one bit, since the Atrio's not only have better bass, but it's also a lot less fatiguing to listen to.

Jul 2, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #14 of 34
but then does it not loose the details and the depth and soundstage offered by 530 or tf10 ?

Jul 2, 2008 at 7:39 AM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is their bass even better than shure 530 ?

Hands down the Atrio beats the pants off any of the Shures.

I can't wait for them to arrive!

Quote:

Originally Posted by western120 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but then does it not loose the details and the depth and soundstage offered by 530 or tf10 ?

I'll post/reply here after some serious listening when I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back