Atlanta meeting October 23, 2011
Oct 17, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 48
Thanks for doing so much work on this, Mike.  I'm rather interested in the raffle now as well!

Along with my semi-custom tube amp (The AriPower Extremely Extreme Extreme^Extremeth Power) I'll be bringing along an M^3, which can be purchased ready to go from some places (like Rockhopper Audio) or a DIY amp.

I'm actually kinda excited to hear the PX-100 IIs.  I hear they're a good step up from the 100s, and the 100s are a great, lightweight portable/entry level can.  Pretty fun stuff.

**BRENT**

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #17 of 48
I'm thrilled to see the variety of equipment that is coming to this meet.  Your contributions are going to be great!

As this is my first headphone meet, I'll be the kid in the candy store!

For those in the Head-Fi community with shareable gear, we have the tables!  Let us know what you are bringing.  More raffle item announcements coming soon.

Mike

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #18 of 48

Randy Miller, one of our AVCOA members is bringing some great gear that fits right in with the audio streaming topics we are going to introduce at this meeting.  When I started this exploration, I had no idea who the subject of audio and computing would merge into one huge field of exploration.

Randy has some great gear for distributing your audio stream to wherever you want it to go.

Randy writes "I was thinking of bringing my Squeezebox touch, and a pair of Koss Portapro headphones and maybe a Dacmagic with a headphone amp (if I can come up with a suitable headphone amp), "

If you want to learn about audio networking and signal distribution, Randy will be The Man.

Oct 17, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #19 of 48
Tube Amps anyone?

Kanda, one of our AVCOA members has some tube amp offerings she is bringing to the meeting for demo.  Price and specs are great at only $100, $180, and $250.  If you like the "tube sound"; here's your perfect chance to have a listen.

Tube Sense TS 1 - AD

Tube Sense TS-1J

Oct 17, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #20 of 48
Nice work. I'm waiting for Drew to reply myself.  Let's hope we can get some gears from him.

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #21 of 48
Would love to join in as well

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #22 of 48
Toshee... weren't you at the May, 2010 meet? I think I remember your screen name from back then (the last time I was down). If you can think of any other locals, please let them know about this... should be a good time.

**BRENT**

Oct 17, 2011 at 6:59 PM Post #23 of 48
Brent, 

Why don't you contact Grado for a PS500 vs. HF2 comparison?  j/k

Oct 18, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #24 of 48
I will try to make it Mike.

Oct 18, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #25 of 48
Just got e-mailed from Drew Braid of Moon-audio that he will be sending some gears (Cables, iCube V2?, and Burson Headamp) if the RMAF gears arrived in warehouse in couples of day.  I already gave him my shipping address.  Hopefully, the demo gears will get here in time.

Oct 18, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #26 of 48
Just got word that along with the loaner HM-801 and ESW-9, there will also be some HFi-2s and HF-1s. I can't wait to hear HF-2s on my amp again.

**BRENT**

Oct 19, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #27 of 48
Brent, 

I'm talking to Justin right and hopefully he can loan us the Pico Slim, Pico DAC/amp, as well as the GS-1 for the meet.

Oct 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #28 of 48
Etymotic has sent us a pair of ER4P IEM's and a pair of HF3 HeadSet phones.  Don't know yet whether these are DEMO or Raffle items.

I have an email out to clarify; however, much THANKS anyway.

In addition, Etymotic has sent us a BIG box of silicone and foam tips or sleeves so that our concerns about hygiene for IEM demos are minimized.

Thank You friends and sponsors at Etymotic!!

Oct 20, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #29 of 48
UPDATE:

Got shipment confirmation from Justin today.  Headamp Pico/slim & DAC/Amp will be here for us to check out.  Thanks Justin Wilson.  

Drew sent me an e-mail that his equipment has not made it back yet in North Carolina.  So I'm not sure if it will be in on time.  If he ships tomorrow, it may be good enough for Saturday delivery.  A long short though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back