Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam
May 3, 2014 at 6:07 PM Post #46 of 58
Looks like you got a lot of gear to me.  Still got the Beyer T5p's?  I just ordered T70p's.

I'll put in a bid for you for a table with Papa "Junior" John.  

We'll both be here early.

May 3, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #47 of 58
Looks like you got a lot of gear to me.  Still got the Beyer T5p's?  I just ordered T70p's.

I'll put in a bid for you for a table with Papa "Junior" John.  

We'll both be here early.

Awesome, thanks man! Yeah, it's a few things, but they're small :wink:. And I still own the T5p, but it's off with Peter at Double Helix getting modded at the moment, so it won't be making the trip, unfortunately.

May 3, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #48 of 58
Man... I'm late to the party..  This is just 9 miles from my house, but it's my wedding anniversary tomorrow, it's possible I won't makes it.  If I can manage, I'll bring Bottlehead Crack, Schiit Lyr, LCD-2, ODAC, HD 600's. Nothing portable here, just luggables. 

Matt - bring your Lyr tubes and I'll give'em a listen.

Ron

May 4, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #51 of 58
Bit of a late start this morning, I'll be there closer to 1pm. Just so nobody sends out a search squad or anything :p

May 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #53 of 58
Awesome get together guys. It was blast to meet so many members and talk shop. I loved hearing all of Purk's wonderful rigs and setups. 

May 4, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #54 of 58
Well guys and girls, for a club event, Audio Video Club of Atlanta pulled off a great success with the help of some sterling Head-Fi members and sponsors.

We had over 50 people attend.  We filled up 2 large rooms with some marvelous equipment and shared some fabulous listening experiences.

Thanks to all our sponsors and to the folks who attended.  

More to come along with pictures of the event.  Check back in later.

Back to the poor house for me, though.  Bought a Beyerdynamic T70P this week and one of our sponsors, Audio Alternative, sold me a NAD HP50 that Tyl just listed on his Wall of Fame.

The wallet hurts but the ears are happy.  That's what this marvelous hobby is all about, right?

May 4, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #55 of 58
Great seeing everybody there as well as making new friends.  We may need to make it a full-day meet event next time.  Thanks A-VCOA for hosting this get together.

May 4, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #57 of 58
Another fun meet.  Thanks to all who helped organize this.  

Oppo PM-1's are the real deal.  Man, those guys hit a home run out of the gate.  Sounded great out of the Lyr, MattTCG had Telefunkens in  his Lyr, and I had his Aperex orange globes in my Lyr, the Oppo's were great on both amps.  I finally got to  hear an O2!  The ALO international was a mind bender, sounded like a huge amp, but was pocket sized and running on batteries. It drove my LCD-2 like reference gear.  Frank's Bottlehead Quickie once again was a mind-blowing in front of a Crack.  I can't really explain it, but listening to HD-650's or my 600's with that combo is awesome. 

Various pictures from the day:

Crack and Quickie:

Lots of conversation:

Great amps:

Some great portable stuff:

Rega CD player:

iFi stack:

Fiio's! 

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #58 of 58
Guys....another meet is scheduled on May 03, 2015.  Same place and time.  Hope everyone can be there.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/763720/may-3-2015-audio-video-club-of-atlanta-2nd-annual-portable-audio-jam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back