Atlanta, GA - A-VCOA Presents May 4th Portable Audio Jam
Apr 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #16 of 58
Just wanted to let you know some of the equipment that has been committed for Sunday. Participants will be bringing the equipment below but this is by no means all that will be there!

iFi Audio will have...  iUSB Power, iPurifier, iDSD nano, iDAC, iLink, iTube, iCAN nano, iCAN micro, iPhono, iMercury USB, iGemini USB,  iRack, and possibly some recently released new products

Audio Alternative will show off headphones from Grado, PSB and NAD, the EAR headphone amp from Rega, a Dragonfly from Audioquest and one of the small digital integrated amps from NAD.

FiiO will have... X5 with Micro SD card, X3, E12, Headphone stands, Display stands, Catalogs, & Posters of X5 & X3

And, we'll also see... Headphones (over-the-ear):  Audeze LCD-3, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P5 - Portable Source Gear: Fiio X5  (New!),  AK 100, AK 120, HTC One (New M8 model) - Portable Amps: Leckerton UHA-6S MkII with OPA627AP upgraded op-amp (New!), Sony PHA-1, Fiio E18 Kunlun, Fiio E12 Mont Blanc - DAC:  Benchmark DAC2 HGC

Come on out and visit with your friends and fellow music lovers!

Apr 30, 2014 at 1:06 AM Post #17 of 58
  Just wanted to let you know some of the equipment that has been committed for Sunday. Participants will be bringing the equipment below but this is by no means all that will be there!

iFi Audio will have...  iUSB Power, iPurifier, iDSD nano, iDAC, iLink, iTube, iCAN nano, iCAN micro, iPhono, iMercury USB, iGemini USB,  iRack, and possibly some recently released new products

Audio Alternative will show off headphones from Grado, PSB and NAD, the EAR headphone amp from Rega, a Dragonfly from Audioquest and one of the small digital integrated amps from NAD.

FiiO will have... X5 with Micro SD card, X3, E12, Headphone stands, Display stands, Catalogs, & Posters of X5 & X3

And, we'll also see... Headphones (over-the-ear):  Audeze LCD-3, Sennheiser Momentum, B&W P5 - Portable Source Gear: Fiio X5  (New!),  AK 100, AK 120, HTC One (New M8 model) - Portable Amps: Leckerton UHA-6S MkII with OPA627AP upgraded op-amp (New!), Sony PHA-1, Fiio E18 Kunlun, Fiio E12 Mont Blanc - DAC:  Benchmark DAC2 HGC

Come on out and visit with your friends and fellow music lovers!

Nice stuff John.  I really want to check out the X5, and AK120 against my Sony NW-ZX1.  I also have modified AK100 that I can bring as well.  I'm debating whether to bring a truly excellent Headamp GS-X MKII to othe meet.  Already have too many items to take. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #19 of 58
You should bring that Orpheus system listed in your profile :p

Nice stuff John.  I really want to check out the X5, and AK120 against my Sony NW-ZX1.  I also have modified AK100 that I can bring as well.  I'm debating whether to bring a truly excellent Headamp GS-X MKII to othe meet.  Already have too many items to take. 

Apr 30, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #20 of 58
Hi Y'all,

I'm a lucky guy!  I volunteered to be our contact with Fiio and have benefitted from a few days to preview the X3 and NEW X5 Digitial Audio Players.  WoW!!  It is hard to believe my ears.  Backgrounds are soooo dark and the musical presentations are truly magical.

I thought I had a decent portable setup with my Samsung Note 2, and PowerAmp player.  In comparison, these new DAPS are truly outstanding and in another class altogether.  They are making my Westone UM-30 3 way IEM's sing.  I have also driven my Ultrasone full sized headphones with them and an external amp is simply not needed.

Be sure to gather up your favorite headphones or IEM's and come listen for yourself this weekend.  You'll find them to be an audio revelation.  The portable gear we'll have is not to be missed.

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #21 of 58
Well, I've just learned about this meeting.
Thanks for contacting me Mike.

Will definitely come by for a couple of hours at least.
I can bring anything and everything listed on my profile.

Cheers,
PXSS

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #23 of 58
Glad to see a couple more Atlanta headfiers coming to this meet.  In addition to satisfying my curiosity about Beyers, looks like I can get a bit of education on electronic music, too.  Just got introduced with London Grammar and it has been a most enjoyable experience.  Getting my $ worth out of Spotify Premium now!!!

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #26 of 58
I'm considering swinging down there myself. If so, here's what I've got (might not bring it all, let me know if there's anything you guys particularly want to hear): 

Leckerton UHA-6S Mk.II
iBasso D-Zero
Meier Audio PCSTEP
JDS Labs O2
iBasso DX50

Might be seeing some of you two weekends in a row if I'm able to make it (looking at you, MattTCG! 
tongue.gif
)

May 1, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #28 of 58
I like smaller meets. The last Atlanta meet was great but massive and hard to take everything in. This kind of meet my suite me better. Hope to be there around 1:00. 

May 2, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #29 of 58
^ Missed you at the Charlotte meet. Are you gonna bring your Crack? If so, I can just drop off my Quickie at your table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back