Atlanta Audio Club - 2nd Annual HeadPhone Meet Impressions May 5 2019
May 5, 2019 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
It's a beautiful morning here at the Dunwoody driving Club the sound of birds outside the venue is really relaxing I think.

Nonetheless I wanted to take some initiative and get this fed open so that we can start sharing what we were enjoying with the community here as soon as possible.

A big thank you to @jhm3 for organizing the event and @justin w. and @HeadAmpTeam for sponsoring it!

The meet starts officially at noon so for now enjoy a nice picture of the venue!

20190505_110233_HDR.jpg

May 5, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 27
Don't forget to thank @ArthurPower for contributing $150 toward the refreshment. I really had great time. Many thanks Justin for taking the time off his busy schedule and coming down with many amazing headphones gear all the way from VA. Also glad to see TomB & Doug of ECP Audio. It is great to see @Mshenay again and thanks for coming down from Myrtle Beach. Much appreciate also go toward the Audio Club of Atlanta for hosting this fine event once again! Pictures to follow.

May 6, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #3 of 27
I am an old Dunwoody Atlantean, now in Dallas. The meet location looks beautify, and I found the three Oak Forest Audio YouTube videos. Thank you. Did anyone post more pictures of the meet, people, gear, etc.?

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #4 of 27
I am an old Dunwoody Atlantean, now in Dallas. The meet location looks beautify, and I found the three Oak Forest Audio YouTube videos. Thank you. Did anyone post more pictures of the meet, people, gear, etc.?

I've got lots of pictures but I got into a little fender bender on the way back off the gear is okay I'm just out of a vehicle at the moment

None the less I'll try to make some time as soon as I can in between phone calls to get the pictures uploaded

May 6, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #6 of 27
So sorry to hear about car mishap. I usually do not think of headfirst meets as dangerous. Look forward to pics.
They are not I probably driven a good ten thousand miles in the last 18 months going to meet this is the first time I've had an issue and I think the gentleman involved is at fault himself

I have three short videos that I can upload now from my mobile

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #7 of 27
Sorry to hear of your trouble. Hope you are safe and sound.

May 7, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #8 of 27
...I got into a little fender bender on the way back [but] the gear is okay...

A true audiophile !!

The meet was great and I appreciated meeting a lot of new people, including a few with whom I had talked to on the phone or PM-ed. Thanks to the Atlanta Audio Club for putting on the event and the manufacturers who brought equipment - and for a nice (and healthy) lunch spread.

It was my first time to hear the Stax electrostatics (well, first time since the mid-1990s), and thanks to Purk for bringing the (massive) HGSSHV Carbon at my request. For one who likes tubes, I was amazed at just how "great" ithe Carbon was with the 009 Headphones. Hearing (lots of amps and headphones) is believing, but it was also beneficial to hear from several enthusiasts: "Don't fret over this; just get the BHSE - it's spectacular!" Plus, in the winter I wouldn't need any additional heating source in my study! I feel a bit like Charlie the Tuna: I'm supposed to like the 009 headphones but really took a shine to the VOCEs (for classic rock and Country and Bluegrass/Americana in addition to jazz and female vocals)... That seems to be a common preference though, for people with listening habits similar to mine.

I think Mshenay is coming to the Nashville Meet on June 1; anyone else up this way the first of June would be most welcome!

Thanks again to everyone who had a part in putting on the event. [Below] I have a dedicated mains line and a power conditioner and a streamer; now it's time to for a small upgrade in Rack Technology and Vibration Isolation, and amps and headphones!

Setup as of Feb 7 - smaller file.jpg

Attachments

• Where we are headed.jpg
    Where we are headed.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Recliner with Rack.jpg
    Recliner with Rack.jpg
    621 KB · Views: 0
May 7, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #9 of 27
20190505_122850.jpg 20190505_152010.jpg

20190505_160417.jpg

Didn't get to listen to Raal, but they r smaller than I thought

Lots of people, a good crowd for sure.

An here's the drink n food guy. Don't know his online name but I did appreciate his efforts and contributions!

May 7, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 27
I say get both!

May 8, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #12 of 27
A true audiophile !!

The meet was great and I appreciated meeting a lot of new people, including a few with whom I had talked to on the phone or PM-ed. Thanks to the Atlanta Audio Club for putting on the event and the manufacturers who brought equipment - and for a nice (and healthy) lunch spread.

It was my first time to hear the Stax electrostatics (well, first time since the mid-1990s), and thanks to Purk for bringing the (massive) HGSSHV Carbon at my request. For one who likes tubes, I was amazed at just how "great" ithe Carbon was with the 009 Headphones. Hearing (lots of amps and headphones) is believing, but it was also beneficial to hear from several enthusiasts: "Don't fret over this; just get the BHSE - it's spectacular!" Plus, in the winter I wouldn't need any additional heating source in my study! I feel a bit like Charlie the Tuna: I'm supposed to like the 009 headphones but really took a shine to the VOCEs (for classic rock and Country and Bluegrass/Americana in addition to jazz and female vocals)... That seems to be a common preference though, for people with listening habits similar to mine.

I think Mshenay is coming to the Nashville Meet on June 1; anyone else up this way the first of June would be most welcome!

Thanks again to everyone who had a part in putting on the event. [Below] I have a dedicated mains line and a power conditioner and a streamer; now it's time to for a small upgrade in Rack Technology and Vibration Isolation, and amps and headphones!

That wooden box looks suspiciously similar to a Millett Hybrid. :wink:

May 8, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #13 of 27
Picture time!!!! Starting with the Venue a bit before and after!

IMG_0856.jpg IMG_0857.jpg IMG_0858.jpg IMG_0859.jpg IMG_0862.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpg
    IMG_0863.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #15 of 27
Lastly I do volunteer my time and help vendors get their gear to various meets so enjoy some pics of folks listening to said gear!

IMG_0883.jpg IMG_0885.jpg IMG_0888.jpg IMG_0889.jpg IMG_0891.jpg IMG_0892.jpg
IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0896.jpg IMG_0905.jpg IMG_0906.jpg IMG_0909.jpg IMG_0910.jpg IMG_0914.jpg IMG_0917.jpg IMG_0899.jpg

Last gentleman there had a Loxjie P20 which I was quite impressed with! Vali 1 may have a new challenger/contender for best $100 tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back