Atlanta area Fall meet - Nov. 10th (Loganville)
Oct 20, 2007 at 12:42 AM Post #106 of 140
That's pretty racy, but check out these babies:

2578300_lg.jpg

wink.gif

Speaking of rules and responsibility, I'm going to go ahead and make one thing clear, and I may repeat it again when we all get there: You may NOT eat outside of the kitchen area. Everyone that uses the room, including the youth group, must follow this rule. There are even signs posted in the room stating that food may not go beyond those points.

Oct 20, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #108 of 140
whoohoo, glad i stumbled back into headfi and after an 8 month hiatus, i'm ready for some headphone nirvana
smily_headphones1.gif
Thanks for the message fitz about the meeting. I will try my best to make it. Pretty much everything in my sig is what i am bringing minus a few sources. Still have my amp, k340, and sony electrostat which i will try to bring. Happy Listening Yall.

Oct 22, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #109 of 140
Since I just noticed I still have it sitting around... I'll also be bringing a box of about 75 or so CDs that I want to get rid of. It's mostly the "leftovers" from a time when I was getting boxes of CDs from indie music reviewers, so don't expect a bunch of big names, but there's probably some other stuff mixed in as well.

Oct 23, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #111 of 140
I'm glad to see there's such a good group of guys in Atlanta. I'm starting as an Assistant Prof. at Georgia Tech in January, so I look forward to attending some future mini-meets. I'm actually going to be in Atlanta on the 11th - but it is a short trip just to look for housing. BTW, can you guys recommend me some areas? I leaning towards Buckhead/SandySprings (basically North of GT).

Oct 25, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #113 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad to see there's such a good group of guys in Atlanta. I'm starting as an Assistant Prof. at Georgia Tech in January, so I look forward to attending some future mini-meets. I'm actually going to be in Atlanta on the 11th - but it is a short trip just to look for housing. BTW, can you guys recommend me some areas? I leaning towards Buckhead/SandySprings (basically North of GT).

It really depends on what you can afford. Northwest metro Atlanta tends to be more expensive. Also, traffic is a LOT worse from my experience. Honestly, I vastly prefer the east side of Atlanta because the traffic is much, much easier to deal with on HIghway 78 into town than I-85, 285 or GA 400. There are also a lot more side and smaller roads you can take if something happens.

And Fitz, since when did you have a K1000? I thought you didn't like them.

Oct 25, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #114 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And Fitz, since when did you have a K1000? I thought you didn't like them.

I never liked the weird soundstage when I tried them before, even though the frequency balance was fine, but since I was able to get a pair a few weeks ago for ~$750, I figured it would be a good risk-free way to try them out more extensively since I could always easily resell them. In a quiet room with the earspeakers all the way out, I like them a whole lot more, although I still wouldn't pay the over $1000 prices people ask for on Head-Fi.

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #115 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ezkcdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Welcome to Hotlanta!

Meyvn gave you some pretty good advice. It depends on whether you're a suburbanite and don't mind commuting, have a family and are interested in the schools, or whether you prefer being in town. Generally speaking, suburbia is outside the perimeter (I-285). North is preferred, although there are many pockets of nice areas South such as Peachtree City (IMHO). The area you indicate runs along the GA 400 corridor, which is horrible. Other choices include along the I-75 corridor, which is horrible and along the I-85 corridor, which is also horrible. Welcome to Atlanta traffic, IOW.
tongue.gif

Hwy 78/Stone Mtn Fwy as Meyvn mentions is OK if you're going to Decatur or DeKalb county (Emory Univ., CDC, etc.), but it sucks for downtown and GA Tech. There's just no good way to get there once you hit I-285 from 78. This is, of course, the outbound route to Snellville and Loganville - the site of the meet.

There's quite a bit of new stuff in-town. For instance, the entire Atlantic Station development is only blocks from Tech. I've been to IKEA a few times, but can't speak for the condos and how much they must cost. The Emory area in DeKalb county is nice and pretty close in, but that may cost a fortune, too - I know the condos do.

A lot of Buckhead and Sandy Springs is the center of nightlife in Atlanta, but I'm afraid the apartments and condos nearby will be priced accordingly.

Anyway, good luck!!

Oct 31, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #116 of 140
I am sure most of the folks attending have heard or are not interested in hearing KSC75's but I will unfortunately not be bringing mine as the were stolen along with my Iriver
frown.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #118 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjohnusa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget to bring your own water....for everything!

even for the toilet?
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #119 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceroid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
even for the toilet?
tongue.gif

Of course. We don't need you durn forreners from another state using up what little water we have left.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back