ATH-W5000 in stock in Tokyo where?
Dec 11, 2005 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

halcyon

Headphoneus Supremus
If anybody knows where ATH-W5000 is in stock in Tokyo for a relatively sane price (hopefully at 85 000 with tax), please post here.

All the stores my friend has gone to are out of stock. We've gone through every single Tokyo store on Kakaku.com and Rakuten listings (that are listed to be selling W5000).

Yodobashi and the bigger ones charge 100 000 for ATH-5000 (and I'm not sure of that stock situation either).

Dec 11, 2005 at 10:24 AM Post #2 of 20
Alternatively, if anybody knows of a mail order company that delivers to a hotel address in Japan and accepts non-Japanese Visa credit cards.

I'm having hard luck locating such a company :/

Dec 11, 2005 at 11:43 AM Post #4 of 20
Thanks cheechoz!

Unfortunately PJ needs advance payment and takes more time to deliver.

I'll keep looking on the web, to see how the various stores stock situation changes.

Dec 13, 2005 at 10:23 AM Post #6 of 20
Thanks!

Unfortunately I can't log-in to my Amazon.co.jp account. Don't know why. This is weird (.com, .ca, .de and .uk work ok though).

I wonder if there are any walk-in shops in Tokyo (pref. Akihabara or Shinjuku) that sell ATH-W5000 for a decent price and have them in stock?

None of the companies I've contacted are willing to ship to a hotel address with payment as COD or payment with a foreign VISA card.

I'm becoming desperate as time's running out
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2005 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 20
I'm assuming you're visiting Tokyo, but why not just get them from PJ when you get home? In reality you're only paying 5% over the lowest price in Japan, which is only like $5. (Not counting shipping.)

Dec 13, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #8 of 20
yeah, but then he probably has to pay taxes and fees, in the netherlands that's about 20% of the price, so that's very much. If he buys them there he doesn't have to pay taxes etc. (at leats, I think).

Dec 13, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #9 of 20
good point, but only works ok if you're from USA (I guess).

I'm from Finland and it costs: ( price from PJ + shipping) X custom tax X value added tax.

In reality this ends up costing 1.5-2 times as much as buying in Japan.

With a headphone costing 800USD, that's a bit too much for my budget
frown.gif

Dec 13, 2005 at 1:43 PM Post #12 of 20
Thanks. I'll ask my friend to visit Dynamic Audio.

They don't list ATH-W5000 on their web site, but perhaps the site is not very up-to-date.

Any other stores worth visiting in Akihabara or Shinuku for ATH-W5000? Yodobashi, Bic Camera & Laox are selling it for quite high price (100 000 yen).

Dec 13, 2005 at 1:48 PM Post #14 of 20
I did not check their website but I did audition the W5k at Dynamic Audio 2 days ago. I forgot the price but it's definitely cheaper than Yodobashi and Bic Camera. There are just too many shops carrying the W5Ks in Akihabara area. Even those cheapo shops. lol.

When is your friend visiting tokyo? I'll prob go down Akihabara to get a harddisk this weekend. I'll chk out the W5k again and update here then.

Dec 13, 2005 at 2:34 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by halcyon
good point, but only works ok if you're from USA (I guess).

I'm from Finland and it costs: ( price from PJ + shipping) X custom tax X value added tax.

In reality this ends up costing 1.5-2 times as much as buying in Japan.

With a headphone costing 800USD, that's a bit too much for my budget
frown.gif

If all else fails, have the phones shipped to me by PJ. I am going to be in Germany (end of January) and can ship you the W5000 once I get there. Only, if it works for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back