Ath-w11 Jpn?
Oct 30, 2002 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 2
yidimsum,

I only know the W100 and have never heard the W11JPN or the W2002. But this might help: The W11JPN seems to be the original, lacquered version of the W11R that succeeded it as AT's limited edition wood model. I guess W11JPN and W11R ought to be fairly close in performance. If that is true, Vka's comment from his for-sale-post might describe the basic sonic differences bewteen the W100 and the W11JPN as well: Quote:

These are in my opinion superior to W100s as they sound more neutral, having greater treble detail, a tad airier soundstage and more controlled bass. I guess the improved cable and different housing does make a difference. Warning, these headphones sound extremely revealing and should be used in a good system.

It seems the W11R (and probably the W11JPN) has a more analytical nature than the W100. And that's the reason I'm not sure I'd feel as Vka does. I believe musicality and accuracy are the same thing. And I believe the ability to reproduce the music in spite of imperfections in the recording and in one's system is a sign of accuracy. I feel if something is truly revealing and accurate, it should be more revealing of the musical signal as well. It should be more musical and simply more enjoyable. And if there's one thing I can't stand, it's listening fatigue. But your priorities might be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back