ATH-W1000X Thread!
Dec 18, 2011 at 8:54 PM Post #571 of 1,994
Hi, just got a pair yesterday as an early Christmas present and was worried that they would be kind of bright like other AT's, but was happy to find that they were not and were very pleasing to my ears. I was also given a AT carrying case to put them in, very nice. I don't care much for the pleather ear pads though, any suggestions on replacement ear pads?
darthsmile.gif

Dec 18, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #572 of 1,994
See if you can hunt down either L3000, W5000, or any other Audio Technica leather pad. Most should fit with no issue.

Quote:
Hi, just got a pair yesterday as an early Christmas present and was worried that they would be kind of bright like other AT's, but was happy to find that they were not and were very pleasing to my ears. I was also given a AT carrying case to put them in, very nice. I don't care much for the pleather ear pads though, any suggestions on replacement ear pads?
darthsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #575 of 1,994
Jan 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #578 of 1,994
I don't know if this is the best place to put this post but, here I go.

I accidentally yanked my w1000x while it was still connected to my amp a few
months ago and ever since then the cable started losing contact with the left driver.
For the next few months I bent the intersection of the left and right cables a certain way in order
for the left driver work, however just two days ago the cable lost contact with the right driver
as well and now it has gotten so difficult to adjust the cable that I just started using my M50s in
the mean time.

I'm completely clueless as to what I should do. I kind of don't want to send
them to Audio Technica because they'll probably charge over a hundred dollars.
Thirty dollars just for an estimate plus shipping both ways. What should I do? :frowning2:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Jan 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #581 of 1,994

Quote:
I don't know if this is the best place to put this post but, here I go.

I accidentally yanked my w1000x while it was still connected to my amp a few
months ago and ever since then the cable started losing contact with the left driver.
For the next few months I bent the intersection of the left and right cables a certain way in order
for the left driver work, however just two days ago the cable lost contact with the right driver
as well and now it has gotten so difficult to adjust the cable that I just started using my M50s in
the mean time.

I'm completely clueless as to what I should do. I kind of don't want to send
them to Audio Technica because they'll probably charge over a hundred dollars.
Thirty dollars just for an estimate plus shipping both ways. What should I do? :frowning2:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Recable them? They were pretty easy to recable when I had them.

Jan 31, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #582 of 1,994
For those of you looking to exchange the pads: I actually replaced the pleather pads with the L3000 lamp leather pads without a problem. They are a pricey upgrade (60 dollars) but worth every penny as I can listen to the W1000X without problems for hours now. They comfort has definetly improved by miles and I would go as far as to say that these are the most comfortable full size cans I have ever had the pleasure to listen to. 

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #583 of 1,994
Thanks for the heads up, do you have the link for where you purchased the pads from? 
darthsmile.gif

Quote:
For those of you looking to exchange the pads: I actually replaced the pleather pads with the L3000 lamp leather pads without a problem. They are a pricey upgrade (60 dollars) but worth every penny as I can listen to the W1000X without problems for hours now. They comfort has definetly improved by miles and I would go as far as to say that these are the most comfortable full size cans I have ever had the pleasure to listen to. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back