ATH-W1000X Thread!
Oct 23, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #1,186 of 1,994
Hi thanks for the info.
Though I think because this.is my first AT headphone, I'll go with the 900X for now.
The discount is probably ending today and I'd have to get an amp and an adapter on top of that...
It seems the 900X is by no means a bad headphone and it should give me a good idea about the house sound.
If I like it then I'll consider the more expensive products like the 1000X or the amazing 3000ANV
wink.gif

Thanks and cheers
L.

Good choice for the money...  a900x isn't a slouch either if you just listen and don't compare 'em with it's bigger brothers.  

Ashenay is right...  w3000 is different and a good portable amp is needed to wake them up.  These A/T's can handle really loud music without any distortions, so power is needed if you like loud music.  (Even the a900x) 
wink_face.gif

Oct 23, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #1,187 of 1,994
Good choice for the money...  a900x isn't a slouch either if you just listen and don't compare 'em with it's bigger brothers.  

Ashenay is right...  w3000 is different and a good portable amp is needed to wake them up.  These A/T's can handle really loud music without any distortions, so power is needed if you like loud music.  (Even the a900x) :wink_face:  

Though undeniably the 900X benefits the least from amplification the least.
I could certainly tell cause my desktop headphone is the HE-6 which ears almost every headphone amp for breakfast. Speaker amps very much recommended :wink:
So I just wanted a different headphone with a different signature for portability use, mostly :wink:
Obviously a headphone decent enough to not make me question my purchase in direct comparison with the HE-6 :wink:

Came to the conclusion the 900X fits my current budget :wink:
As a matter of fact, it's been ordered today :wink:
Can't wait.

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #1,188 of 1,994
Though undeniably the 900X benefits the least from amplification the least.
I could certainly tell cause my desktop headphone is the HE-6 which ears almost every headphone amp for breakfast. Speaker amps very much recommended
wink.gif

So I just wanted a different headphone with a different signature for portability use, mostly
wink.gif

Obviously a headphone decent enough to not make me question my purchase in direct comparison with the HE-6
wink.gif

Came to the conclusion the 900X fits my current budget
wink.gif

As a matter of fact, it's been ordered today
wink.gif

Can't wait.

Awesome!  A900x is a head rockin headphone...

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #1,189 of 1,994
glad to see we've got a lot of activity :D an U can vouch for the AT's ability to eat power... my pb1 can only max out at 1,4w, the ath w1000x can handle up to 2w and on meduim gain of the Pb1 [I got it stuck there sadly] my volume pot stays at about 8pm MAX so yea trust my bruh... these things can blow out your ear drums before you'll ruin the drivers 

Oct 23, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #1,190 of 1,994
  glad to see we've got a lot of activity :D an U can vouch for the AT's ability to eat power... my pb1 can only max out at 1,4w, the ath w1000x can handle up to 2w and on meduim gain of the Pb1 [I got it stuck there sadly] my volume pot stays at about 8pm MAX so yea trust my bruh... these things can blow out your ear drums before you'll ruin the drivers 

You speak like the HE-6 can't do that... I assure you, it can, if you provide enough wattage :D
I am doing that right now :]

Oct 24, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #1,191 of 1,994
  You speak like the HE-6 can't do that... I assure you, it can, if you provide enough wattage :D
I am doing that right now :]

Uhh bro this is an W1000x thread xD no one even mentioned the HE 6 until you got hear...and I"m sure they HE 6 can eat up to 50w safely lol [maybe even more] But NO one is comparing powering a w1000x to powering a he 6, lol where did you even get the idea the HE 6 was a comparision in that statement 

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #1,193 of 1,994
  Uhh bro this is an W1000x thread xD no one even mentioned the HE 6 until you got hear...and I"m sure they HE 6 can eat up to 50w safely lol [maybe even more] But NO one is comparing powering a w1000x to powering a he 6, lol where did you even get the idea the HE 6 was a comparision in that statement 

From my post #1187 :]

Other than that, I am sure what you say is true. AT rocks then :D

Oct 24, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #1,195 of 1,994

I find A/T's are my most "go to" cans...  If that means anything...

I'll see soon, hopefully.
900X should ship soon :]

Oct 24, 2013 at 7:23 AM Post #1,198 of 1,994
Oct 24, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #1,199 of 1,994
  Going from an HE 6 to AT xD best of luck my friend! ALso consider me jelly, as I want an HE 6 q.q

I am sure they'll work great together.
I mean the former is for [home] critical and later for [on the go] fun listenings :]
I hope the 900X has a bit more punch and impact to it :]

Oct 24, 2013 at 8:03 AM Post #1,200 of 1,994
  I am sure they'll work great together.
I mean the former is for critical and later for fun listenings :]
I hope the 900X has a bit more punch and impact to it :]

Ehhh, it proably won't. Mid bass wise it MIGHT but it won't have the HE 6 Sub Bass...  BUt the A900x is fun :3 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back