ATH-W1000X Thread!
Jul 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #617 of 1,994
Jul 10, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #618 of 1,994
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDulNJOqD_c

It only goes up to 720p. I've really no clue if the experience be grasped through youtube at all. I would also be using surround sound headphone technologies, so I wouldn't expect you to hear the directional queues very strong at all.

Jul 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #619 of 1,994
I'll check when I get back home. However, note that I've only got an Audinst HUD-MX1 at the moment for DAC/amp.

edit: I tried both videos and I'm not really feeling it. I can hear things left and right and the semi circle between left and right behind my head, but things in front come in through both ears more like as if inside my head.

Also, in the second video where you can hear people talking in the next room behind you. It sounds like they are right behind you, not quite so far as being in the next rooom where they are supposed to be.

Also, the wind in the Fallout 3 video doesn't really sound enveloping or realistic.

Jul 11, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #620 of 1,994
Quote:
I'll check when I get back home. However, note that I've only got an Audinst HUD-MX1 at the moment for DAC/amp.
edit: I tried both videos and I'm not really feeling it. I can hear things left and right and the semi circle between left and right behind my head, but things in front come in through both ears more like as if inside my head.
Also, in the second video where you can hear people talking in the next room behind you. It sounds like they are right behind you, not quite so far as being in the next rooom where they are supposed to be.
Also, the wind in the Fallout 3 video doesn't really sound enveloping or realistic.

I didn't expect it to be a good example. Too many variables. The content on youtube is lacking. The directional queues will be difficult without a surround sound headphone technology. I appreciate it, though

Jul 11, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #622 of 1,994
Quote:
Very beautiful headphones...

Now you should go buy a pair. Don't worry about the cost 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 17, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #623 of 1,994
Jul 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #625 of 1,994
I have the 1000x and I am getting the 3000 this Thursday (2 units left in Australia that are actually in stock). I use my 1000x for portable use lol XD so I am getting another 1000x just for shows because the wood got scratches and stuffs :p.  

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #627 of 1,994
Quote:

You are a brave one indeed.

Because it looks very nice portable, compact enough and very comfy + it sounds sooo good with my RSA Mustang.
I just got the W3000ANV (unit 1298th), this thing is such a beauty both in looks and sounds T.T

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #628 of 1,994
Quote:
Because it looks very nice portable, compact enough and very comfy + it sounds sooo good with my RSA Mustang.
I just got the W3000ANV (unit 1298th), this thing is such a beauty both in looks and sounds T.T

can't wait to see your comparison between ANV and Grandioso :)

Jul 22, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #630 of 1,994
Quote:
can't wait to see your comparison between ANV and Grandioso :)

Sorry i can't really explain in good details (my audiophile libary/vocabulary is very limited =.=) but it sounded exactly how Headfonia stated. To simply put, ANV gives a better treble and bass imaging, bigger and dynamic 3D soundstage, lust midrange and vocal. The ANV is so good that it got its own sound signature when compared to the 1000x IMO.

Also the ANV benefits more with a good amp than the 1000x. I thought the RSA Mustang has a perfect synergy with my HD650, but the ANV does it even better. It's like both of them were made for one another as a portable amp IMO. The pairs make Jazz and Bossa Nova sounds INCREDIBLE. Well...the only thing is that the ANV isn't allowed outdoor like my 1000x so the 1000x still beats everything else I have as a "crazy-idea" portable headphone :) (2nd pair of 1000x is coming later as "display" in my collection).

Next week, I am getting Schiit Bifrost/Asgard combo...can't wait...then the W5000 will be mine soon too...and more (check my profile).

I would advise you to immediately obtain one before it's too late XD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back