ATH SJ5 or Yuin PK2 ?
Mar 19, 2007 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Happytab

Head-Fier
Hi,

I recently bought some CX300's and now am looking to take another step up interms of comfort and SQ.

These will be used almost entirely at work while sitting listening to my ipod.

I listen to Indie/Alt with a bit of Pink Floyd thrown in.

I used to like my standard ipod buds for comfort but CX300's have much better SQ but do get uncomfortable after a time.

Never had any over theear jobbies and as comfort is important I am considering the ATH SJ5.

I have a raltive visiting the US in the near future so I can get them at the reasonable prices everyone over there pays.

Thanks for your comments.

Mar 19, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 12
people have been really praising the pk2's. They have been compared to high end cans such as Grados. Personally, I am waiting for the upcoming version with the y cord, because the "j" cord simply doesn't work for me. But for your uses, I would suspect that they would be great (unless you want to wait as well).

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #4 of 12
Since you're comfortable with earbuds I'd go for the pk2's. They're getting killer reviews around here plus they're smaller and less conspicuous.

Also, throw your relative that's visiting the US an extra $20 and have them grab some Koss KSC75's for you, too. Definitely money well spent and owning a pair is kind of an unwritten requirement for Head-Fi members.

Mar 21, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 12
So where is the best place to order the PK2's from - I need to send detailed instructions to my brother to order them and then send them home with my mum when she somes back to the uk ?

Thanks again.

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:32 AM Post #6 of 12
Anyone ?

(sorry for the bump)

rolleyes.gif

Mar 30, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #12 of 12
I love my pk2, they sound so good with my portable DAP. Very musical and very fun to listen to. Very upfront mids with really nice bass impact/attacks although the quantity of bass can not really compete with full size cans or the PK1s. They also have nice instrument separation as well. IMO, less laid back, less quantity/clearity of bass, and smaller soundstage than the PK1 but I find these earbuds more fun to listen to than the PK1s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back