ATH-M50x question II?
Jun 14, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #49 of 64
  What was wrong with them with you? For me it was with the comfort, I enjoyed the sound but I couldn't bear it. Im processing the return with amazon now, and going with your yamahas mt220's, you've turned me on to them lol. You sure you dont work for yamaha?

No comfort problems for me. Disliked the sound.

I honestly just like the MT220 more than other headphones I've heard so far, and I've heard quite a few. If you look in the impressions thread, you will see that many people with expensive rigs still use the MT220 at least part of the time.

Jun 14, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #50 of 64
  What was wrong with them with you? For me it was with the comfort, I enjoyed the sound but I couldn't bear it. Im processing the return with amazon now, and going with your yamahas mt220's, you've turned me on to them lol. You sure you dont work for yamaha?

I wouldn't jump and get a pair based on one person's, albeit persistent and passionate, recomendations for them. Take into account he's stuffing the ear pads in a specific and precise manner and has to have the headphones sitting on a certain position on his ear to get his desired results.

Take your time. You just returned a headphone, think about everything you liked and disliked about it and do comparisons for your self and really think about what you want and what will work best for you.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #51 of 64
I wouldn't jump and get a pair based on one person's, albeit persistent and passionate, recomendations for them. Take into account he's stuffing the ear pads in a specific and precise manner and has to have the headphones sitting on a certain position on his ear to get his desired results.

Take your time. You just returned a headphone, think about everything you liked and disliked about it and do comparisons for your self and really think about about what you want and what will work best for you.

+1

I honestly just like the MT220 more than other headphones I've heard so far, and I've heard quite a few. If you look in the impressions thread, you will see that many people with expensive rigs still use the MT220 at least part of the time.

Yeah. But you didn't like it enough to keep it, and you only own one pair of headphones, which, arguably, is a lower tier headphone. It's strange to declare a headphone the best ever, but then not even continue to own it, which you have done more than once. Most people here are into owning headphones that they can use :confused:

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #52 of 64
Yeah. But you didn't like it enough to keep it, and you only own one pair of headphones, which, arguably, is a lower tier headphone. It's strange to declare a headphone the best ever, but then not even continue to own it, which you have done more than once. Most people here are into owning headphones that they can use
confused.gif

I returned it mainly because I needed the money. I have three headphones at this time. Receiving a Pendulumic STANCE S1+ in a trade tomorrow. I have been trying to sell or trade my Sony MDR-7506 for some time now. The Logitech Ultimate Ears 350 were purchased years ago and have rarely been used. I will probably give them away. Most people here are into owning headphones that make them somewhat happy. I am into finding the best headphones in existence, regardless of price. That requires a more proactive approach -- namely, buying, selling, trading, and auditioning as many headphones as I can. I cannot afford to keep headphones right now when my strategy is to try so many of them to find out which ones I like the most. I never said it was the best ever. The MT220 is not perfect or anywhere close; it just happens to be my favorite so far, overall. Plenty of headphones do certain things better, but were not as enjoyable for me overall. If others are perfectly satisfied with the headphones they have, all power to them. I am not like that. You should take my silly custom title more seriously!
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #53 of 64
Most people here are into owning headphones that make them somewhat happy. I am into finding the best headphones in existence, regardless of price.

Then you better make it this time: http://www.head-fi.org/t/764209/southeastern-michigan-head-fi-fall-meet-pleasant-ridge-mi-9-19-15 :wink:

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #54 of 64

Take your time. You just returned a headphone, think about everything you liked and disliked about it and do comparisons for your self and really think about what you want and what will work best for you.

What headphones do you have?

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #55 of 64
Then you better make it this time: http://www.head-fi.org/t/764209/southeastern-michigan-head-fi-fall-meet-pleasant-ridge-mi-9-19-15
wink.gif

lolz. Thanks for the friendly heads up! Will STAX be there? Although I am interested in all sorts of headphones, I have more or less lost interest in the dynamic and planar magnetic flagships for now, after having heard them. Since it's three months from now, I will probably have already purchased an SR-009 system by then. Whoops! Shouldn't have told ya that. Now you're going to beg me to lug it to the meet that is 44 miles away from where I live.
jecklinsmile.gif

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #57 of 64
lolz. Thanks for the friendly heads up! Will STAX be there? Although I am interested in all sorts of headphones, I have more or less lost interest in the dynamic and planar magnetic flagships for now, after having heard them. Since it's three months from now, I will probably have already purchased an SR-009 system by then. Whoops! Shouldn't have told ya that. Now you're going to beg me to lug it to the meet that is 44 miles away from where I live. :jecklinsmile:

Nope. You will have already gotten rid of it, too. :wink:

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #58 of 64
I returned it mainly because I needed the money. I have three headphones at this time. Receiving a Pendulumic STANCE S1+ in a trade tomorrow. I have been trying to sell or trade my Sony MDR-7506 for some time now. The Logitech Ultimate Ears 350 were purchased years ago and have rarely been used. I will probably give them away. Most people here are into owning headphones that make them somewhat happy. I am into finding the best headphones in existence, regardless of price. That requires a more proactive approach -- namely, buying, selling, trading, and auditioning as many headphones as I can. I cannot afford to keep headphones right now when my strategy is to try so many of them to find out which ones I like the most. I never said it was the best ever. The MT220 is not perfect or anywhere close; it just happens to be my favorite so far, overall. Plenty of headphones do certain things better, but were not as enjoyable for me overall. If others are perfectly satisfied with the headphones they have, all power to them. I am not like that. You should take my silly custom title more seriously! :evil:

I just seen your future play out in my head after reading this. You will either get or hear the most uber headphone you could possibly get your hands on like the stax and realize it's not perfect either. You will come to the realization that no headphone accurately replicates sound as you hear it or want to hear it. You will abandon your search and settle on something mid fi that is a logical smart buy.

Next you will focus your attention on something that will better emulate natural sound. Speakers. Then the cycle will repeat. Lol

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:02 AM Post #59 of 64
Nope. You will have already gotten rid of it, too.
wink.gif

I just seen your future play out in my head after reading this. You will either get or hear the most uber headphone you could possibly get your hands on like the stax and realize it's not perfect either. You will come to the realization that no headphone accurately replicates sound as you hear it or want to hear it. You will abandon your search and settle on something mid fi that is a logical smart buy.

Next you will focus your attention on something that will better emulate natural sound. Speakers. Then the cycle will repeat. Lol

Wouldn't be too surprised if all this goes down as predicted. XD

...But considering that I am planning on investing in the DIY T2 amp (which reportedly costs $5-10K for the out of production parts alone) if I like the electrostatic system enough to keep it...then adding the Sennheiser Orpheus HE 90 (another $10K+ for a headphone -- I'm crazy, I know) after that...I'm hoping it would be good enough for me.

(Oh, and the Smyth Realiser A8 should help emulate the sound of speakers in headphones. That could come later.)

Either way, the Focal Alpha 50 speakers are something I could easily get whenever I move into my own place without roommates.

But enough about me. Music Alchemist has filled Head-Fi with enough of his crazy plans...

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #60 of 64
Wouldn't be too surprised if all this goes down as predicted. XD

...But considering that I am planning on investing in the DIY T2 amp (which reportedly costs $5-10K for the out of production parts alone) if I like the electrostatic system enough to keep it...then adding the Sennheiser Orpheus HE 90 (another $10K+ for a headphone -- I'm crazy, I know) after that...I'm hoping it would be good enough for me.

(Oh, and the Smyth Realiser A8 should help emulate the sound of speakers in headphones. That could come later.)

Either way, the Focal Alpha 50 speakers are something I could easily get whenever I move into my own place without roommates.

But enough about me. Music Alchemist has filled Head-Fi with enough of his crazy plans...

However the journey ends up it should be a good and enjoyable one nonetheless. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back