ath m50 vs akg k271 Comfort+Isolation
Oct 18, 2010 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vedran

New Head-Fier
Thinking to buy one of these. 
Important factors are outside noise isolation and ear comfort (I wear glasses). SQ input is appreciated but not main factor.
Also I should get soon FiiO E7 and I would like to know is that  good combo with one of these headphones.

If you can give some input I would appreciate.

Regards,
Vedran

Oct 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM Post #2 of 3
- M50 definitely isolates more than K271 but K271 has enough isolation for most tasks as well. 

- As for comfort, both are on the comfortable side but M50 does weight more than K271.  K271 is incredibly light for a headphone but still remains quite durable, which IMO is quite a feat. 

- Neither clamp overly hard.  Just right for studio use IMO.

- The newer K271 models come with a set of velour pads which many prefer more than pleather, which may be a important factor for comfort.  M50 only comes stock with pleather pads although I do hear that DT250 velour pads can be used for it (changes the sound a lot though however, from what I hear).

- K271's pad cutout is in a perfect circle, and it's not that wide in diameter... which may result in comfort issues with the top/bottom of your ears coming into contact with the pads.  Not much of an issue with velour pads though.  M50's cups are more in an ellipse shape which will give your ears more room vertically, but it's still quite shallow so your ears may still touch the driver covering if it sticks out a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back