ATH M50 sale or? (Help please)
May 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ziggyro

New Head-Fier
Hi.Amazon has a deal where ATH M50's are only 100$.My birthday is coming up and I want to treat myself with some new headphones since my fake pair of detox beats just broke.I'm wondering if this is a good price and how these compare to other headphones like bose,Sein and beats.Getting HD 650's is out of the question since 500 is a bit too much than what I'm willing to pay right now.I think a 100-300 price range is about right with what I want.Any suggestions?Should I get the ATH headphones while they are cheap?

May 23, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2 of 4
What are your musical preferences? 
Will you be using an amp?
Open or closed?

M50s are closed and don't really require an amp, and are a decent choice, there are much better headphones depending on the questions above though.

May 23, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 4
What are your musical preferences? 
Will you be using an amp?
Open or closed?

M50s are closed and don't really require an amp, and are a decent choice, there are much better headphones depending on the questions above though.

http://www.last.fm/user/Ziggyro
I like all kinds of music.Mostly Hip Hop
Don't plan on buying an Amp
Open or closed.Doesn't matter

May 23, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #4 of 4
Look at some reviews of the Beyerdynamic DT990 premium 32 ohm (right at the end of your price range). It's open back, so it won't isolate from outside noise that well and it will leak sound.  They'd be quite a huge step up from beats detox sound quality wise.

Otherwise look at V-Moda Crossfade M-100s for closed backs, people really enjoy their bassy sound, and they're nice and portable

It's all about personal preference after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back