ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Apr 6, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #106 of 801
Thanks for the reply! it really helped! But i'm still confused ( that might be because i'm only 13 
eek.gif
) do you think i should just go to an electrician and pay them to do it? and how much do you think it's going to cost?

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:24 AM Post #107 of 801
Yes, that or have your parents help. Still, at 13 nothing was going to stop me from opening things up to see how they work. So take it from me, if you don't want to experience the feeling of knowing you just ruined your awesome, brand new, $150 headphones do not do it yourself.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #113 of 801

Quote:
what parts do i solder to other parts, what parts do i cut? can someone please show me a picture of there headphones that have the mod, the inside of it please
confused_face(1).gif

Reading is fundamental...to doing this mod!
smily_headphones1.gif
 You should buy a cheap pair of over-the-ear headphones and try it. It's fun and you can do it!

Apr 12, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #116 of 801
Can someone help me out,  I have attempted this mod and now I'm not hearing anything in my headphones.  Im using the chassis http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103452&clickid=prod_cs
my interconnect cable works, so im guessing it has to do with what i did to the headphones.  If other picutes are needed or more information is need, I'll try the best I can. Hopefully its not that bad, I can't afford to buy another pair, still a highschool student...well Thanks in advance.

Apr 12, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #117 of 801

Quote:
Can someone help me out...

Did you verify you could hear audio before you soldered the wires? Based on the chassis design, I am led to assume the green (left audio) and black (ground) are reversed. You could simply desolder and test again. I left an audio source plugged in as I modded to make sure everything was still working. HTH.

Apr 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM Post #119 of 801
I think there was still enamel on the wires, but I was able to get the solder on.  I just finished it mod.  The problem was the red and green wires on the back of the left headphone speaker was disconnecting.  So i just needed to strip it a bit and resolder it to the back of the headphones.  Thanks determinedd and Yoga Flame.  but the left headphone sounds kinda less powerful or good as before, but maybe im just crazy,  Imma have my brother and my friends try them since they have better hearing.  Well thanks for the help and the guides everyone.

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:06 AM Post #120 of 801
For the replacement cable, if i get a cheap cable on ebay such as this one :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-5mm-AUX-Auxiliary-Cable-iPhone-4-4S-iPod-MP3-Car-Stereo-Cord-M-M-Plug-/330631212725?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item4cfb27eeb5

will there be a noticeable difference in sound quality or not.
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back