ATH-M50 Removable Cable Mod
Jun 19, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #151 of 801
I never had problems with enamel when doing this. I used wire strippers to remove the black sheath and then the black, red and green sheath for each of the wires. Then I tinned each wire using silver electronics-grade solder (after my thicker generic solder wouldn't stick) and tested by touching the leads on the jack and got audio without a problem. Maybe the problem is the solder.

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #153 of 801
Did anyone send theirs to the Sound Professionals that the dude earlier was advertising for? Reviews?
Worth 40? I'm nervous as hell....

Oh, what are you guys using to secure the chassis inside of the cup? Hot Glue? Silicon?

Hows that looking.... cosmetically? Anyone got any closeups?

Jul 7, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #155 of 801
Quote:
Same result for me!! THX!

is that the original cable? how did you fixed it to have a male plug on the cutted side? sorry for asking a noob question.. will try to do this after i get my m50's 
biggrin.gif
... if you can, can you also post pics of it?

Jul 8, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #160 of 801
What's it matter? You can replace the cable at that point. If you are interested, I am selling mine for $140 with a Mic'ed/Control cable, and a pair of Beyerdynamic DT250 Velour pads: http://www.head-fi.org/t/617290/modded-ath-m50s-use-with-iphone-velour-dt250-pads

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #163 of 801
alo guys, i have some questions to ask, I'm gonna send my m50 to a guy that does all these service and stuff..
and he says he will be installing this inside the headphone

or a Bella female socket mini stereo.. he let me choose tho.. so help!
and this male plug for the m50 stock cable.(so that i can use the stock cable again! :D)\

Vermouth MP-S-M02

what do you think of the jacks he mentioned??

thanks

Jul 10, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #164 of 801
The socket just looks so large ;D. And about the male plug - i prefer Neutrik stuff but since i don't know anything about vermouth I'd say give it a shot. It will work I guess :wink:

@jadawgis - thanks for pointing that out - but I've seen a few people wanting to get rid of their m50s and I actually just wanna know what's their alternative.

Jul 11, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #165 of 801

Users who are viewing this thread

Back