ATH M50 or JVC HA-FX700? Which should I choose?
Apr 22, 2013 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Christian Walter

New Head-Fier
Guys,

I know I'm comparing apples and oranges, but I can get both these phones for around the same price. I don't really know which to choose. I bought a TF10 which is on the way, but will take at least a month to arrive. I need an IEM until the TF10 arrives, but once it does, I think having two top notch IEMs will be redundant. That brings me to the question: how does the FX700 compare to TF10s?

So, in the long run having a decent headphone such as the M50 along with the TF10s would be the best choice. But how better are the FX700 compared to the M50s? I'm looking for great phones that will impress me anytime I listen to music. I mostly listen to blues, rock, jazz and classical. Once I listened to Black by Pearl Jam on a Beats Studio, which is a phone most of you guys don't like, and I was quite impressed with the soundstage and presence of the phones. I imagine the M50s would give me that experience and much more, but would the FX700 do the same? I worry about their size, since they-re IEMs.

What would you suggest me choose?

Thank you very much!

Apr 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 4
No one? I know its only been a while since i posted it, but I really need some feedback! I have to make this decision today!

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM Post #3 of 4
The TF10s and FX700s have a very similar signature, but IMO the FX700s are better due to an airier sound and better timbre. Doesn't take me looking much farther than that.

Also, the midrange of FX700s never sounds muffled, like the TF10 occasionally can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back