ATH-M50 crackle
Jun 4, 2012 at 11:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jp4294

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I'm by no means an expert, far from it actually but I have just bought a pair of ATH-M50's with the coiled cable after reading all the positive reviews on them. They're great but there's a slight annoyance. There's a slight crackling noise that sounds like a lolly rapper being scrunched, very quietly though, on some songs. It's not the really deep bass that causes it but its the slightly higher frequencies I think. Now, I'm not sure if it's the songs that are making this happen because I imagine that these headphones would recreate the small bits of distortion. Admittedly, I don't buy many songs at all so the quality of the audio file could be the reason, I don't know. Although, some of the songs with a higher bit rate are the ones that distort, and, I don't know if that's normal or not..? Also, all the songs are being played from my macbook if that helps. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Any help would be great!
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #2 of 3
ah i think its distortion. if you have EQ set in your imac, try removing the EQ settings for your mac to see if the problem disappears. i had similar problem before with my iMac in my work computer  and i found out that someone used eq with my itunes so i am hearing those as well.

you can also try using different kinds of songs, at least 320kbps to see if the same noise goes with other songs.

Jun 5, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #3 of 3
I've recently started noticing this as well, even on my FLAC files!

Was thinking it may be my iPod's headphone jack becoming loose but I dunno..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back