ATH-M50 Bad FPS Gaming Performance (Sb0880 X-Fi Titanium Sound Card)
Jul 18, 2013 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

EternalWait

New Head-Fier
Hello guys.

The conclusion I had from extensive reading was that if you want good music performance, and decent gaming performance (guaranteed better than gimmicky Razer, Steelseries, etc), the M50 would be a great choice.

I have had the M50 for around 6 months now, and I still get some problems while playing CS:GO. My friends who all have "gaming brand" gear always scream out "how the *** did you not hear him?".

I have a X-Fi Titanium (SB0880) audio card.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Am I the problem? I really cannot tell directional audio.

Thank you.

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
I never said they were best.

I said they were supposed to be decent. But I am getting 'outplayed' by Razer Headphones. And we all know the whole marketing gimmick behind those overrated products.

IMO the m50s are pretty bad. Take a look at MLE's gaming guide. And, have you tried razer/steelseries headsets before bashing them?

Jul 18, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

IMO the m50s are pretty bad. Take a look at MLE's gaming guide. And, have you tried razer/steelseries headsets before bashing them?

Yes sir.

Have had a Charcarias which didn't last a week, went for RMA, and came back from RMA with issues.

And also have had a Steelseries Siberia, which also didn't last long before one of the sides stopped working.

I will try taking a look at that guide.

Thank you sir.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:
Have had a Charcarias which didn't last a week, went for RMA, and came back from RMA with issues.
And also have had a Steelseries Siberia, which also didn't last long before one of the sides stopped working.
I will try taking a look at that guide.

Do you have a budget for finding replacement (better gaming) headphones.
like sell off the ATH-M50s, use that cash towards other headphones.

Jul 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 9
If you want something that is good for hearing people around you in gaming, then you need something that is generally bright sounding.. with much less bass. 
Bass inherently makes it hard to locate things positionally. That's why you only need one subwoofer in your home-theater system... and you won't be able to locate the origin of the low-end sound... it'll blend in with the rest of your speakers. 

And having headphones with a low-end boost like the M50s... well that bass drowns out details in the mids and high-end. So that's your problem. 

I would consider starting by trying to EQ the low-end down down on your headphones... and maybe give a very slight boost to the 1k-5k frequencies. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back