ATH-IM70 vs Shure SE215 vs VSONIC GR07
Jan 19, 2015 at 3:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

tordfuglstad

New Head-Fier

So I'm looking into buying myself a new pair of In-ear headphones. I do have a sweet taste for good sound quality and have been reading about these headsets. What I can not do though is deciding which ones to get. I had my eyes set out for the IM70's, but have come across different kind of IEM's.
I have a pair of aJays One from before, they're OK. And good for the price. But I want something which offers even better sound quality and soundstage. I do like bass, but I'm for into details. I listen a to everything from Classical to Rock to "Tech-music".
I have a pair of ATH-M50x that I love the sound of. I use an Fiio E6 or E07K. Most of times I use the E07K because it of course has the DAC. The E6 is more for when I don't have big pockets on me.

SO this is the final question. If you have tested (or not) all of these IEM's, which would you go for and why?

Thank you in advance! Can't wait to hear your opinions on this matter.
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:32 AM Post #3 of 55
Was at that same boat, after tons of reviews/feedback decided to go for the Vsonic GR07 Bass Edition.
Didn't care to invest even 300$, just wanted the best sound I can get.
Yesturday placed the order,
Oh, and it also cost only 129$.... :)

Good luck!

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #4 of 55
I have both the IM70 and M50x. I don't have the GR07 or the SE215 but you can't go wrong with any of the three.

SE215 is said to be more comfortable and isolates the best of the three, though its sound quality is said to be slightly below average as more competitors have come out with better sound quality, such as the GR07.

The IM70s have a mid-forward sound with more laid-back highs and bass (though still definitely present). To some listeners they might sound a bit rolled-off at the ends using the stock tips though I did not find this a problem. There is very little sibilance while the GR07 is often reported to be sibilant. Overall, the IM70 has an enjoyable sound that's rich and balanced, even though it's not perfectly neutral. M50x has a more aggressive presentation in comparison. The IM70 sounds warmer and with the stock tips the highs don't shimmer as much. Soundstage and instrument separation are excellent on the IM70s.

The only things I dislike about the IM70 are the comfort/fit (slightly unwieldy with the stock eartips) and the cable (a tad microphonic considering the price and being over-ear fit)

Jan 27, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #5 of 55
I own the GR07 Classic and the IM50 (which is not too different from the IM70) and I like the GR07 much more. I would not go for the SE215 as IMHO the IM70 and GR07 are both significantly ahead in terms of sonic quality. 

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:11 PM Post #6 of 55
  I own the GR07 Classic and the IM50 (which is not too different from the IM70) and I like the GR07 much more. I would not go for the SE215 as IMHO the IM70 and GR07 are both significantly ahead in terms of sonic quality. 

most here seem to like the im70 over the gr07 ( like me ) and your sadly mistaken if you think the im50 is not too different then the im70.. the sound quality is much better.

definitely agree these are better then the shures though :)

Feb 2, 2015 at 9:43 PM Post #7 of 55
  most here seem to like the im70 over the gr07 ( like me ) and your sadly mistaken if you think the im50 is not too different then the im70.. the sound quality is much better.

definitely agree these are better then the shures though :)

The only thing going in favor of the Shure is that they have a replaceable cable, a good fit and can isolate really well. Other than that, they can't really keep up with the newer competitions.

Hmm, when buying my IM50 I auditioned the IM70 extensively as well, Other than having a bit more bass than the IM50 they seemed more or less the same to me. But that aside, the GR07 is significantly ahead of my IM50 so I am sure I would prefer it to the IM70 as well.  

Feb 2, 2015 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 55
  The only thing going in favor of the Shure is that they have a replaceable cable, a good fit and can isolate really well. Other than that, they can't really keep up with the newer competitions.

Hmm, when buying my IM50 I auditioned the IM70 extensively as well, Other than having a bit more bass than the IM50 they seemed more or less the same to me. But that aside, the GR07 is significantly ahead of my IM50 so I am sure I would prefer it to the IM70 as well.  

how much better is that dunu over the gr07? oh and that in favor of the shure doesnt apply to the im70 as it has all of those :)

Feb 2, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #9 of 55
  how much better is that dunu over the gr07? oh and that in favor of the shure doesnt apply to the im70 as it has all of those :)

The Dunu and Gr07 differs mostly in their sound signatures while differences in performance is not that much IMHO. If I had to nit pick I would say the Dunu manages to outperform, but only by a bit. Gr07 is flatter and more neutral while the Dunu has enhanced bass and treble that can bring forward more details and give better perceived instrument separation.

I find my IM50 less comfortable and harder to manage compared to the Shure though. (I used to own one long time back)

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #11 of 55
Durability: SE215 > IM70 >>> GR07

Sound: GR07 > IM70 > SE215

All depends on what you need. I would not go to lengths to say that the GR07 sounds by a magnitude better than the SE215s, but marginally. 

Mar 30, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #13 of 55

So I'm looking into buying myself a new pair of In-ear headphones. I do have a sweet taste for good sound quality and have been reading about these headsets. What I can not do though is deciding which ones to get. I had my eyes set out for the IM70's, but have come across different kind of IEM's.
I have a pair of aJays One from before, they're OK. And good for the price. But I want something which offers even better sound quality and soundstage. I do like bass, but I'm for into details. I listen a to everything from Classical to Rock to "Tech-music".
I have a pair of ATH-M50x that I love the sound of. I use an Fiio E6 or E07K. Most of times I use the E07K because it of course has the DAC. The E6 is more for when I don't have big pockets on me.

SO this is the final question. If you have tested (or not) all of these IEM's, which would you go for and why?

Thank you in advance! Can't wait to hear your opinions on this matter.
ksc75smile.gif

not sure which you ended up going with but i think you will find the gr07be will complement the im70s, very well and i love them both, (i've had the gr07be for about 1.5 year and the im70s only 2 weeks or so. 

if you want more  balance and clarity and detail, then the gr07be would be a better choice

the im70s are warmer, bassier and less siblant and smoother sounding> easy going sound

the im70s is still we extended but is more organic sound

where as the gr07bes i think will work very well if your looking for great refinement for a relatively affordable price

Apr 7, 2015 at 10:16 AM Post #14 of 55
The Dunu and Gr07 differs mostly in their sound signatures while differences in performance is not that much IMHO. If I had to nit pick I would say the Dunu manages to outperform, but only by a bit. Gr07 is flatter and more neutral while the Dunu has enhanced bass and treble that can bring forward more details and give better perceived instrument separation.

I find my IM50 less comfortable and harder to manage compared to the Shure though. (I used to own one long time back)

Could you please provide more details about the im50

Jun 29, 2015 at 7:39 AM Post #15 of 55
Honestly after auditioning for these exact sets for more than 1 month, I settled with SE215SPE. I wanted to grab IM70, however, it sounded very harsh although it offered a lot of bass. It also sounded very V shaped compared to both GR07 and SE215SPE. So it's a major turn off for me. GR07 is a very nice option but then again Shure's build quality sets it apart from the competition because I was looking for an earphone that can last for at least 3 years. Do check out the SE215SPE (Special edition). I really love it and after proper burning, the sound signature is very pleasant for prolonged music listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back