ATH-IM03 vs Shure SE535?
May 23, 2014 at 5:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

grapejuice

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'm having a bit of a tough time deciding on which pair of IEMs I should get. Based on my preferences and reading of reviews, I've sort of shortlisted the Audio-Technica ATH-IM03 and the Shure SE535. Just to let you guys know, I'm sort of an all-rounder when it comes to listening to music and I don't really focus on one genre, and I'm not a basshead or anything, I'm just looking for an IEM that has that kind of "feel" to it when listening.

Could you guys help me out by comparing these 2 IEMs? Which one should I get overall (based on sound quality and build quality etc)? Thanks a bunch!

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 6
i know this is an old thread... but just in case if someone is still curious :
im03 has better extension for me.. both bass n treble, it digs deeper with a good speed and good control but it won't satisfy bassheads for sure. the vocal is colder and less prominent than shure 535, so yeah if you're looking for a balanced presentation (bass mid high) this one could be just for you. im03's soundstage is not really wider but has much more depth to it, giving a 3d presentation, also better imaging and details, for me who loves orchestras im03 is the winner.. no doubt

shure 535 is almost all about vocal, rolled off sub bass and rolled off treble with plasticky timbre (?), but more upfront, warm and clear vocal...but i can't help but i feel there's a "hollow" feeling in the vocal that's quite hard to explain, i find this kind of "hollowness" could be found only in BA drivers..

i hope this could help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back