ATH-ES7 driver attachment problem
Aug 20, 2011 at 1:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

jokieboy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys! 

I've had this wonderful pair of headphones for almost three years now and have repaired the wires now two times. No problems with that. However, now when the wire lost connection for the third time the plate that attaches to the driver came off when I was fixing it. This was somewhat puzzling since there was nothing at all under the plate that connected it to the driver - just plastic, nothing else. There was just a white slab of glue that attached the plate to the underlying plastic. So I just glued it back on again with a drop of gorilla glue. The problem is that it isn't working now, and since I can't figure out how it's supposed to work I can't really do much about it. Is there anyone out there who has a clue about this? 

Picture: (sorry for the quality) The plate (green) that fell off is just attached onto the black plastic with no connection to the actual driver. The other driver looks exactly the same and works perfectly. 

Feb 17, 2021 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi guys!

I've had this wonderful pair of headphones for almost three years now and have repaired the wires now two times. No problems with that. However, now when the wire lost connection for the third time the plate that attaches to the driver came off when I was fixing it. This was somewhat puzzling since there was nothing at all under the plate that connected it to the driver - just plastic, nothing else. There was just a white slab of glue that attached the plate to the underlying plastic. So I just glued it back on again with a drop of gorilla glue. The problem is that it isn't working now, and since I can't figure out how it's supposed to work I can't really do much about it. Is there anyone out there who has a clue about this?

Picture: (sorry for the quality) The plate (green) that fell off is just attached onto the black plastic with no connection to the actual driver. The other driver looks exactly the same and works perfectly.

I had the same exact experience. Anyone know? It's bizarre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back