ATH-ES7 Buyer's Guide or How (and Where) to Avoid Fakes.
May 24, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #31 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by armoOndo408 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i hav a question please,

i noticed that on different websites they have different pictures of the ATH-ES7.

for example:
Audio Technica ATH-ES7-BK Portable Headphones - Black in Corded Headphones at JR.com

those are apparently black? they look a bit silver

but then look at these:
Audio-Technica ATH-ES7 Portable Headphones - Apple Store (U.S.)

those look like the real black ones
how come there so much more $$ too?

im not saying that the one at jr.com is fake but it does look different doesnt it?

im guessing its just the picture

can any1 clear this up for me?

The ES7's cups are shiny and reflective, which is why, taken under certain angle, they can show as other colors, depending what lights are used or what the cups are reflecting.

J&R Electronics is a safe place to get your ES7 from
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2009 at 12:04 AM Post #32 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squirsier /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ES7's cups are shiny and reflective, which is why, taken under certain angle, they can show as other colors, depending what lights are used or what the cups are reflecting.

J&R Electronics is a safe place to get your ES7 from
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks alot man

May 25, 2009 at 12:23 AM Post #33 of 144
yea the pictures look different depending on what the ES7 is reflecting off of.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Other Allen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought a refurb pair of ES-7s from Buydig.com for $54.95. The phones are legit after review of the features to verify above.

Confirmed as well. The ****ty cardboard box packaging made me entertain the possibility of a fake for a second, but then the AT Factory Reconditioned seal eased my suspicion for a bit. Opened it up and passed all the fake tests on the beginning of the page. No scratches or anything, only a few smears on the mirror finish that goes away after wiping it with the cleaning cloth. My pair also had a "2" below the recycle logo; not sure if it's standard though.

I know the price seems pretty ******** but it seems pretty legit as far as I can tell. Sounds better than my CAL! which is said to be a D1001 clone, as of ~50 hours burn in on both anyways.

May 25, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #35 of 144
^ The same reason you have counterfeit nike shoes in china, counterfeit CX300s on ebay and counterfeit rubix cubes in any nick-nack store you go to.

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #37 of 144
The one I received today from Amazon.com (although ordered about a month ago) also does not have a recycle logo. Also, it came in a white box rather than the black one and it is dated 2008-06. However, everything about them besides the recycle logo looks legitimate and as they are from Amazon, I have no worries about them being fake.

Jul 15, 2009 at 11:20 AM Post #38 of 144
Ive just received my ES7's in the post today from iheadphones.co.uk and can confirm that they aren't fakes. Quick delivery too, although they are based just down the road from me

I came accross this reveiw (I'm sorry, I haven't got a clue.: Audio-Technica ATH-ES7), which nearly put me off buying the es7's. It states that the bass is boomy and slow and there are better options of headphones in its price range. Ive mostly read positive things everywhere else, including this forum.

Can I expect the sound to improve through some burn in time?.

On the topic of fakes though, I recently bought a pair of fake es7's from a forum user. Im asuming he didn't know they were fakes?!... (I used this thread to tell the difference, so thanks!).

Jul 22, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #40 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all!

Been looking at getting the ATH-ES7 and through a link that was on Amazon found them for a very cheap price.. sounds too good to be true really and wanted to check if anyone has bought off this website:

Audio Technica ATH-ES7 Earsuit Headphones-Black - Pop-Shoppi..

Cheers

They sell ESW9s for 89$. Definitely both fakes.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #41 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all!

Been looking at getting the ATH-ES7 and through a link that was on Amazon found them for a very cheap price.. sounds too good to be true really and wanted to check if anyone has bought off this website:

Audio Technica ATH-ES7 Earsuit Headphones-Black - Pop-Shoppi..

Cheers

I've come across this site before.

http://www.fakeheadphones.com/index.php?153.0

The ES7 price difference (in comparison to the genuine pair) doesn't look to severe, however the ESW9's and the B&O A8's show that this site is not to be trusted .. and so b y association, i wouldn't buy the ES7's from here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ali_x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive just received my ES7's in the post today from iheadphones.co.uk and can confirm that they aren't fakes.

as far as i know, iheadphones aren't part of the AT dealer list, however they are a company that I trust, having ordered 3 .. 4 pairs of headphones from them.

Jul 25, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #43 of 144
Just got a pair of the refurb ES7s today from buydig.com. They aren't fakes and match up to all points listed for real vs. fake. Buydig.com is part of Beach Camera as well.

EDIT: I wound up returning these a day later. I really did not care for the sound (muddy and boomy) and did not feel confident that the mods would fully address this, so back they went. I may try a pair of ESW9s in the future, but I think I want to listen to some first.

Sep 1, 2009 at 5:28 PM Post #45 of 144
A shop in a local mall recently acquired ON3s, ES7s, and the black one with the wind-up cord. Based on the price point, I was sure they were fakes. But I went on ahead and bit the "ES7" to wet my tongue for the real thing. Check marks for all the fake signs.

By the way I asked the employees where the ATs came from.

China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back