ATH-CKS90 & beyond
Oct 7, 2012 at 10:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

zerogun

100+ Head-Fier
hey guys,

Reading this forum is like reading an encyclopedia of awesomeness! Granted, time and just the overwhelming amount of information and what not, I was wondering if someone could suggest something of a next step forward from being an avid fan of the ATH-CKS90's (ltd. reds) for some time now. If it were for the fact that the cable on my right earpiece suddenly snapped, I'd without a doubt continue using them until the day they died on me.

Pic of the damage:

So I'm hoping to see if it's possible for some recommendations from you folks to see if I can pick up a new pair with some consideration to the following items:

Budget: Similar range to CKS90 +/- $50
Listening habit: House, Electronic, Hip Hop (so bass is my core listening habit)
Bass: Easily driven without an external amp

Err, I'm not sure if there's anything else, but I would appreciate some feedback on this as I don't have much experience with listening to other brands, but again I'm an avid fan of Audio-Technica, and have thoughts of just simply purchasing another pair, but I think it'd be nice to be able to listen to other manufacturers as well. I hope I haven't left it too far open for people, but I seem to have read on here that the Brainwavz M2 are a good option.

Thanks again guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back