ATH-CKS1100 or ATH-CKR10?
Aug 9, 2017 at 1:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

electricmud

New Head-Fier
I'm torn between these two IEMs. I've only heard good things about both, but which would you recommend? I'm looking for something that is bassy but not to the point where it's disrupting. I'm worried that the either the CKR10 will be less bassy than what I want or that CKS1100's bass is too much.

It's also worth noting that my last IEMs (which I broke) were the MDR-XB90EX. I loved the warm sound, and amount of bass on that was perfect. I would get the XB90 again, but the prices have increased a lot since I got mine.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #2 of 3
I have both, and some thoughts:

Sound:
First off, both are great cans. I've had quite a few different Audio-Technica IEMs over the years, and these have been my favorite to date.

Burn-in time for both are necessary. I hated the sound for the 1100s right out of the box, had to actually put them down because the sound really wasn't enjoyable to me. Bass felt just a bit big, trebles were a bit too sibilant. CKR10s were a bit bet better right out of the box.

After burn-in, the CKS1100s sound completely different. Extremely balanced sound, vocals and details are really brought out. Bass is well-controlled, nothing is drowned out. Really wide-open soundstage, I get a huge sense of space with these headphones, like you're sitting in the middle of a big room. CKR10s don't sound quite as spacious in comparison, but the soundstage and separation are also great. Bass can hit REAL deep. I like to bounce between them depending on what kind of music I'm listening to.

Build Quality:
The CKS1100s are built better. The detachable cables are a big plus. The cable on the CKR10s feel cheap.

Comfort:
If you're going for something that you might be able to sleep in, then go for the CKR10s. The CKS1100s are MASSIVE, stick out of your ear quite far, and aren't for everybody. The CKR10s fit my ears better with the stock tips, but I couldn't get the CKS1100s to fit my ears. Had to play around with other tips to get them to fit right.

Hope that helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back