ath-a900x or pro700mk2
Nov 19, 2012 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thegiraffepope

New Head-Fier
I've been try to decide on headphones, I listen to hip hop, electronic, and rock.

These headphones should be on the go but since I've never experienced any headphones of this price range I want to if these are good, should I buy an amp, and if there any better suggestions. I was thinking about ath a900x or the pro700mk2.

Would surely appreciate it.

Nov 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I've been try to decide on headphones, I listen to hip hop, electronic, and rock.
These headphones should be on the go but since I've never experienced any headphones of this price range I want to if these are good, should I buy an amp, and if there any better suggestions. I was thinking about ath a900x or the pro700mk2.
Would surely appreciate it.

Heya,

Being that you want them as a portable, I wouldn't get the A900X here. The A900X is a better headphone than the PRO700MKII in almost every way from a sound quality stand point. But it's a less robust build, it's not as durable, so would not be ideal for a portable headphone. I assume you're after something bassy. For a portable, full size, bassy headphone, the PRO700MKII would be a good choice, so long as you just want loads of bass and you're ok with relatively recessed mids. Other options, assuming a price range similar to these, would be the Ultrasone PRO 750 (or HFI580), Sony MDRZX700, AKG K167.

You don't need an amp necessarily. Some of these are better with one, but it's not a necessity.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back