ath-a900, sony MDR-7506 FS
Feb 26, 2006 at 4:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cary

Head-Fier
I bought both these pairs of cans a year ago for portable use during what I expected to be an extended business trip, and ended up using the Sonys for about 20hrs total and the A900s less than 4 hrs. They've been sitting around in closets ever since.

The Sony V6 were bought brand new for $100, are still in mint condition, no box (sorry), but have all accessories. I'm thinking $55 shipped would be fair.

The Audio Technica A900s were bought in used condition from NormanBates here on head-fi back in March for $150, have a slight dent in one ear cup, which for the most part is unnoticable, also come without a box, but are otherwise in excellent condition. They are broken in, but have received so little use from me that I can confidently assert that they are in exactly the same condition as they were last March. Here's the original thread with pics.
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...highlight=a900 I'm thinking $135 shipped would be fair.

Please PM with any questions. I have feedback here and as cary_k on audiogon. Money Order payment and Shipping within the Continental US is preferred.

Thanks for looking.

Feb 27, 2006 at 4:45 AM Post #3 of 7

cary

Head-Fier
There have been a few inquiries for the A900. Feel free to keep on inquiring.

Taking offers now on the Sony V6s, and also wanted to add that I've put up an iPod PocketDock-Blue Dragon Cable up for sale on the Cables and Accessories for sale forum.

Oh, yeah, you can consider this a bump.

Thanks.

Feb 27, 2006 at 3:08 PM Post #4 of 7

AdamZuf

Headphoneus Supremus
YGPM about Sonys.

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #6 of 7

cary

Head-Fier
In response to an inquiry, I should also note that the drivers in the A900s are unaffected and completely intact, the earpads are in excellent to near mint condition, and there are no defects other than the very slight indent on the housing earcup. Functionally, these are superb cans, and cosmetically still quite beautiful; and will mate well with practically any portable or unamplified source you throw at them.

Users who are viewing this thread