ath a900 recable?
Jul 23, 2008 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

appleica

New Head-Fier
hi everyone i'm new to this site but not... I always search for my answers and usually browse for information but i couldn't find my answer to my cable problem..

I happen to burn off a far amount of insulation off my ath a900's from the heat off my labtop =( I guess my macbook is like a toaster.

Anyways i can't seem to find anyone directly recommending a good cable. I'm pretty handy with my tools, and I'm an engineer so it should work out. But what's my choices for cables? Is it going to be a problem since it's single entry??

Thanks in advanced!

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 6
You can always pick up some Mogami Neglex 2549 or Mogami Mini Quad 2893. Of Canare Star Quad or mini. Either one is a good option. And MUCH cheaper then what most people charge. I won't go into the whole cable debate. Alot of the companies that charge big $$$$ will say their cables are the best-"marketing". But you are just going to use a small run for headphones so the sonic difference is little at best. Be it a $5 cable or $250 cable. I tend to prefer the Mogami mini as it's easier to work with and I find the Canare a bit muffled sounding. Try Markertec or Redco for cable and plugs. A new cable will run you about $15-20...That's including heat shrink, cable, plug ect!!!!

Jul 24, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 6

TMM

500+ Head-Fier
Personally Cat5 network cable sounds as good as anything else to me
tongue.gif
Cheap too...

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 6

-=Germania=-

Headphoneus Supremus
Going with the single-ended... you might want to get the Neglex Miniquad. The regular neglex is just too stiff and is a pain unless you strip it. However, if you ware going to double, I would reccomend the regular neglex. I would get some Techflex if you tend to burn your cables and use that as another safety barrier. I think that double coating on the techflex can look really cool too!

Users who are viewing this thread