At what price/pojint does the vaule for the money become riduclous?
Oct 14, 2013 at 2:20 AM Post #31 of 32
Anticipating counterarguments, rooms are not that important. Sure, you can spend hours with a SPL meter and glue foam/fabric traps all over the room and get anal about things. But a typical placement in a triangle with your listening seat is usually fine. I adjusted the distance apart, toe-in and distance from wall with my speakers and they sound pretty good. I'm sure a dedicated listening room would be better, but a little work has them sounding better than the HD-800.

What. I don't know you completely understand sound treatment, and especially bass traps. It's just not about glueing random foam traps somewhere..

I disagree with this statement, and say that the room is far more important than the speakers that are in the room.

Oct 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #32 of 32
  What. I don't know you completely understand sound treatment, and especially bass traps. It's just not about glueing random foam traps somewhere..

I disagree with this statement, and say that the room is far more important than the speakers that are in the room.

I don't know who is right but I just looked around my room and visualized me doing that and had a chuckle.

I'm from the car audio industry and you can make $150 speakers sound better than $1000 speakers sometimes just from the car choice alone. The chassis is just as important as the driver sometimes but I dunno about room speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back